Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a question about the 4k resolution.

I've managed to install Clover on the EFI partition and High Sierra but if i go to the Preferences>Display panel i only can scale the resolution to 1920x1080 (more space).

Is there any method, with the cpu-integrated graphic card, to get the 4k double-res of 3840x2160 like in Windows 10?
Are you using CoreDisplayFixup.kext?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting":
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Are you using CoreDisplayFixup.kext?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting":
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok i understand that i dont have to compare with Windows 10, and yes i have both Lilu and CoreDisplayFixup kexts. I've just installed Clover on the EFI partition and replaced the CLOVER folder with the one included in the Release.zip archive shared in this thread's main post.

Im also experiencing a very slow boot (in 4k reso), then a graphic freeze with black background and some white raws for a few seconds and then the login screen.

Attachments

• 20180404_032317.jpg
    20180404_032317.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 135
Can't see the disk where? (Clover?, Disk Utility?, somewhere else?)

You need to be specific with questions (no one here is clairvoyant) and provide problem reporting files.
See FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

I solved this, I couldn't see the Samsung SSD without NVMw drivers.

Only keep the resolution problem, i cant get more of 1920x1080, ive described the issue better some posts ago

Sorry and rly thanks!

Has anyone had any luck updating or installing 10.3.4 High Sierra?

Has anyone had any luck updating or installing 10.3.4 High Sierra?

Took me a bit, but got it running.
I tried updating from the App store first but forgot to delete all the kexts from
EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
before doing the update and macOS wouldn't boot.
Then I had to do a fresh install after booting into safe mode through clover and backing up my HD.

BOOT USB

- Download High Sierra from AppStore
- Format it with Disk Utility and name it « MyVolume »
- Launch Terminal and type:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
- Mount the EFI partition of your boot USB with Clover Configurator and copy & paste the attached EFI folder.
- Since Clover EFI bootloader didn't work for me, I had to create a « .IABootFiles » folder
**(In the main portion of the USB, press [cmd+shift+.] to make the invisible items visible before creating .IABootFiles folder)**
and copy boot.efi from
/Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra/System/Library/CoreServices
to the .IABootFiles folder.

INSTALLATION

- Boot from clover and select Install macOS from Install macOS High Sierra.
- After initial install, I had to keep booting from clover and select Install macOS from [drive_name].
It took about 4 restarts to finish the install.

Post Installation

- Load the kexts from attached "Post-install" folder with Kext Wizard to S/L/E

Last edited:
What do you mean “didn’t work”?
And what .iabootfiles has to do with that? Thanks

Tried using Clover EFI v4411 & 4428 and I get this pop-up

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 3.07.53 PM.jpg

even when I click "Install Anyway" the USB doesn't show up in the UEFI list after booting by hitting F12.
I googled for the solution and tested it out, and it worked.
The .IAbootfiles made the USB visible in UEFI boot directory.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
preparing my sierra 2018-002 security update, I added the last AppleALC and Lilu kexts in efi clover kext. but now I can’t boot, verbose says I have an iGPU issue, i don’t understand. can’t access to any recovery mode

any idea @RehabMan ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Bios update 1.9.1 is out and seems to be working fine. Should be safe to update.

I've also taken the liberty to attach an up-to-date CLOVER (works with 10.13.4 and all latest macOS updates) and KEXTS folder.

CLOVER.zip - Can be used and replace EFI/COLVER (note that only the essential kexts are located in Clover/kexts/Others as intended)
Kexts LE.zip - all kexts files are the latest ones available up until April 17th, 2018.
These KEXTS should be placed in /L/E (As intended) using something like KextBeast

sudo kextcache -i / afterwards and restart

As always, open up config.plist and generate your own serial & UUID. You can use Clover Configurator to do so.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 293
  • Kexts LE.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
hi,
preparing my sierra 2018-002 security update, I added the last AppleALC and Lilu kexts in efi clover kext. but now I can’t boot, verbose says I have an iGPU issue, i don’t understand. can’t access to any recovery mode

any idea @RehabMan ?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back