Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbbTX.png

Can anyone confirm that the "B & M Key" sata connector will work on the XPS 9360? Because it comes with "M Key" From the factory.
I'm trying to find this out before I buy the new SSD

Besides killing LineIn to stop the crazy kernel_task after sleep, I have also switched off touchscreen, SD card reader, bluetooth, thunderbolt, keyboard backlight, lowered brightness, and undervolted, basically the usual fast and easy remedies.

Did my recent change in the HDA injector reflect the correct results with regards to reducing LineIn CPU spikes?
I've never had the spike myself so I am unable to test.

Based on sockingpants' recommendation I've also disabled LineIn in the patched AppleHDA codec to see if there's any change in power management handling before/after sleep.

Haven't seen any changes so far... tbh I didn't have this issue before so not sure if I should see anything new.

Did my recent change in the HDA injector reflect the correct results with regards to reducing LineIn CPU spikes?
I've never had the spike myself so I am unable to test.

Yep, fixed the constant max boost after sleep for me. XPS 13 9360 i7-7500u.
I still dont get automatic wakeup from opening the lid though. The keyboard backlight turns on and then I have to press a key in order for the laptop to wakeup.

Yep, fixed the constant max boost after sleep for me. XPS 13 9360 i7-7500u.
I still dont get automatic wakeup from opening the lid though. The keyboard backlight turns on and then I have to press a key in order for the laptop to wakeup.
Same here.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Same here.

I always needed to press a key after opening the lid to wake the system, which is fine by me as long as it actually wakes up without disabling anything else. Also, it is quite surprising that two laptops with the same specs can behave differently (power management) with the same hackintosh set up. The only unaccounted differences I can think of is serial number and ssd.

I just returned my QHD+ laptop cuz of a keyboard issue, so I'll hunt around for the FHD version a little bit. Once I get it eventually, I'll report back any problems I encounter.

Attachments

• debug_16217.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Script dump attached. Never had wakeup by opening the lid working on any configuration on this laptop before.

Thats the behavior on my machine as well. I haven't really looked into it, but I assume there might be some ACPI configuration which could potentially fix this. @RehabMan has a legendary level of expertise with regards to this.

Thats the behavior on my machine as well. I haven't really looked into it, but I assume there might be some ACPI configuration which could potentially fix this. @RehabMan has a legendary level of expertise with regards to this.

That's most likely due to the DeepIdle procedure {Scope (SLTP)}
Disable it and see if your XPS resumes automatically on wake-up.

Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back