Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the latest commit from @the-darkvoid repo? This issue was addressed.
I'm using all of the latest kexts and aml files as of yesterday. It was working before so maybe I just need to try some things. I did not install 10.13 the way he does it. I'm basically pure vanilla besides his audio patch. Everything works besides the battery thing and microphone input. Oh and bluetooth but I can fix that later.

Can you please post your layout1.xml? I edited mine and got audio working without the cpu trying to catch on fire, but now the microphone doesn't show up in input. I'd like to compare to what I deleted in that xml file to see what I did wrong.

I did not check my microphone before.....
Seems like it is not there! However, when I revert to the old AppleHDA_ALC256.kext, I don't see my mic either, only Line In. Maybe I had a mic problem all this while but didn't catch it. Will look into it later.

Try @the-darkvoid latest patch (from about 4-5 hours ago) to get the edited AppleHDA_ALC256.kext

Seems like it is not there! However, when I revert to the old AppleHDA_ALC256.kext, I don't see my mic either, only Line In. Maybe I had a mic problem all this while but didn't catch it. Will look into it later.

Try @the-darkvoid latest patch (from about 4-5 hours ago) to get the edited AppleHDA_ALC256.kext

Did the new patch fix the microphone?

EDIT just tried the new latest patch, still no mic in, but it should help others who don't know how to edit the layout zlib.

Last edited:
Hi,
Is there anyway to downgrade my bios? Currently on 2.8.1, tried to downgrade to 2.3.1 it gives me an error "blocked due to impossible dowgrade" or something of that sort

Ah, the reason why moving fakesmc.kext without moving voodooI2C, voodooI2CHID and voodooPS2.kext disabled trackpad and keyboard was because 'inject kext' was set to detect, i.e. once FakeSMC is in the kernel cache, nothing from clover gets loaded.

VoodooI2C doesn't work in /L/E, not unless a patch from coolstar is applied. See #469 from the VoodooI2C thread.

So, either stick to clover injection (not recommended by Rehabman), or move everything to /L/E and apply the coolstar patch.

Hi,
Is there anyway to downgrade my bios? Currently on 2.8.1, tried to downgrade to 2.3.1 it gives me an error "blocked due to impossible dowgrade" or something of that sort
Please use search, it has already been discussed.

It will show line in for a while and then flip to microphone, which will work. But the moment it flips to mic the cpu will spike to its highest setting and thermals will go insane. I can live with no microphone for now. I fixed the battery in menu bar issue it seems so now I just need to fix bluetooth and I'm golden. Bluetooth shows up, I can turn it on and off, it just doesn't find any devices when it polls.

It will show line in for a while and then flip to microphone, which will work. But the moment it flips to mic the cpu will spike to its highest setting and thermals will go insane. I can live with no microphone for now. I fixed the battery in menu bar issue it seems so now I just need to fix bluetooth and I'm golden. Bluetooth shows up, I can turn it on and off, it just doesn't find any devices when it polls.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

One thing I noticed with the battery menu bar, it works perfectly when I boot from battery, but when I boot from charging off of USB C it doesn't work. That's annoying but I can live with it. My real charger is at work so I will test tomorrow. If anyone else has a USB C charger and can test I'd appreciate it, maybe there is a bug and it's not just my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back