Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are wrong (EFI not requested... it is too large).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

hi RehabMan
thank you for your reply

My configuration:
cpu:i7-7560u(iris plus 640)
ssd:pm961
Resolution:3200x1800
Wireless:dw1560(bcm94352z)

i can‘t boot,so i can only provide "Problem Reporting" files

Attachments

• boot verbose photo1.jpg
    boot verbose photo1.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 84
  • boot verbose photo2.jpg
    boot verbose photo2.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 89
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 62
@jkbuha can you please explain to me how to do step 3!

3) DVMT Framebuffer kext patch for ig-platform-id 59160000 - increase to 80MB and Cursor buffer to 12MB Cursor

Anyone trying to help would need to see what you're doing...
Okay I try to be more specific :
a - Click a file/Window's header and Hold down a finger on trackpad and stay still
b - Touch the trackpad with a second finger (else where) and drag

the Touch in Step 1b make the window jumps from its initial position to somewhere else in the screen

a - Click in a text and Hold down on the trackpad
b- Drag the same finger on the trackpad still hiding down to select/highlight a line

Step 2b is limited by trackpad size. As soon I release holding down my finger, selection can not extend anymore.

Is there a way to simulate "holding down" just by touching the trackpad ?
Thanks for any help or advice.

hi RehabMan
thank you for your reply

My configuration:
cpu:i7-7560u(iris plus 640)
ssd:pm961
Resolution:3200x1800
Wireless:dw1560(bcm94352z)

i can‘t boot,so i can only provide "Problem Reporting" files

4k displays require CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.

USB-C socket provides many functionalities. Among the many cables that run through a (compliant) USB-C cable, there are some lanes that work natively as USB 3.1 data lanes. These lanes can be switched to other functionalities (aka "alternate modes") if requested by an active adapter. DisplayPort alternate mode works out of the box, providing us with full external monitor functionality. You just need a cheap USB-C -> HDMI/DP adapter that supports the alternate mode.
Can someone suggest a link to one of these Adapters? I cant seem to find any "cheap" ones that support alternate mode or its not listed if they do

Can someone suggest a link to one of these Adapters? I cant seem to find any "cheap" ones that support alternate mode or its not listed if they do

Almost any usb-c to HDMI adapter or cable should work, "alternate mode" is a functionality provided by the usb controller/motherboard, not by the cable.
For what is worth, mine is a generic-branded and cheap adapter branded "Choetech".

I got the issues with iTunes fixed by adding the shiki kext.
However, I am still having issue with the battery status in the status bar. Sometimes it updates properly, sometimes it does not (to update i just have to turn on/off the show %).
The battery life is also still pretty bad. I get 3 hours at most. I did the kernel change to underclock the cpu so I get a bit better than before but I see that some people are getting 6 hours or more with the QHD.

Any idea what could be my issues?

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_24853.zip
    2 MB · Views: 82
However, I am still having issue with the battery status in the status bar. Sometimes it updates properly, sometimes it does not (to update i just have to turn on/off the show %).

ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan
Change Log:
2017-10-01 v1.81.4
  • add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back