Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
For high Sierra:
- Delete SSDT-HDEF.aml from Clover/ACPI/patched (this will disable sound)
- Add apfs.efi to Clover/drivers64UEFI
- Use my config.plist and generate serial numbers
- Install VoodooHDA for sound

Testing my running system with Intel Power Gadget shows full speed stepping from 1.0GHz to 3.4GHz.
Im not quite sure how to fix the HDEF patch, building a new one from source doesn't work either. Maybe we need a new one for High Sierra?

Optional:
- Remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and SATA-100-Series-Unsupported.kext from Clover/kexts/other

I need help with SizeUp though.
Three-finger-right-swipe on the German keyboard outputs command+ which is already used for zooming in. How can I unbind that from the system settings or change what voodoops2 outputs for certain events?

Following your steps, it seems your provided config.plist does not seem to work, nor does the original provided in this thread.
Clover one does not crashes right away, but can't boot either.

Am I missing any steps ? I just deleted SSDT-HDEF and added apfs.efi, and I had VoodooHDA pre-installed.

Following your steps, it seems your provided config.plist does not seem to work, nor does the original provided in this thread.

Am I missing any steps ? I just deleted SSDT-HDEF and added apfs.efi, and I had VoodooHDA pre-installed.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: VoodooHDA.kext is never "pre-installed". It is not something provided by Apple, but rather something you install.

ok
Now I need help for byte reverse 0x59160000
is it 00001659 ? I found only 2 occurrences ...
but one could match :
00001659 00000000 5E900800 00000000 01030303 00002002 00000000 00000060
P.S I've read this

Last edited:
HI there, just a question - for a first time, who's well versed in sotware (I don't intend to replace Wifi card), how long do you think all these steps will take? 1 or 2 days? Just seeing if I need to have the whole weekend to do this.

For high Sierra:
- Delete SSDT-HDEF.aml from Clover/ACPI/patched (this will disable sound)
- Add apfs.efi to Clover/drivers64UEFI
- Use my config.plist and generate serial numbers
- Install VoodooHDA for sound

Testing my running system with Intel Power Gadget shows full speed stepping from 1.0GHz to 3.4GHz.
Im not quite sure how to fix the HDEF patch, building a new one from source doesn't work either. Maybe we need a new one for High Sierra?

Optional:
- Remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and SATA-100-Series-Unsupported.kext from Clover/kexts/other

I need help with SizeUp though.
Three-finger-right-swipe on the German keyboard outputs command+ which is already used for zooming in. How can I unbind that from the system settings or change what voodoops2 outputs for certain events?

Just same with you, I get a crash and restart when the installer is entering the installing interface, the progress bar loaded maybe 3/4.

Anyone solved the failure-loading of bluetooth(BCM94352z module) after a sleep?
Any advice?

ok
Now I need help for byte reverse 0x59160000
is it 00001659 ? I found only 2 occurrences ...
but one could match :
00001659 00000000 5E900800 00000000 01030303 00002002 00000000 00000060
P.S I've read this
I've Cheated :)
I sneak into jkbuha's EFI folder
DVMT ig-platform-id 59160000 - increase to 80MB and Cursor buffer to 12MB.png

And it works perfectly

But I've learned how kextToPatch works .... that valuable.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back