Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also injecting "hda-gfx" in SSDT-HDEF.aml.
Use ioreg to search for things...

Or build clean installer setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I have very limited experience with any of this. Im realizing that i have jumped straight into "the deep end"

Is it possible that DVMT needs to be increased further, i know it does for QHD displays?

Also is the BIOS a good way to determine that the DVMT size? I ask because i find it odd that no one has had this problem but me, could i have possibly messed up the DVMT patching?

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 111
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I followed your guide and did install Sierra HS fresh, but no results. Still got KP when entering 0x59160000 in the ig-platform.
I uploaded my ioreg, maybe you can see anything thats wrong?

What is DVMT-prealloc set to?
If not at least 64mb (and QHD will probably require 128mb), you will get panic without patching.
And you need to use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) until you can add the necessary patch and patch for the pixel clock limit anyway.

It is covered in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have very limited experience with any of this. Im realizing that i have jumped straight into "the deep end"

Is it possible that DVMT needs to be increased further, i know it does for QHD displays?

Also is the BIOS a good way to determine that the DVMT size? I ask because i find it odd that no one has had this problem but me, could i have possibly messed up the DVMT patching?

First off, don't use the BIOS settings (or Windows) to determine DVMT size. Both are misleading at best. On my BIOS system screen, I always have 64MB as framebuffer size but the actual settings are widely different.

Secondly, DVMT settings in UEFI IFR use two parameters; pre-alloc and ceiling. On QHD I've found that 128MB pre-alloc and MAX total size do not result in framebuffer tearing. For FHD, 64MB pre-alloc (785=0x2) and 256MB total size (786=default setting) work fine.

If these settings are present on your machine then it is likely the framebuffer panic is due to different reasons.

What is DVMT-prealloc set to?
If not at least 64mb (and QHD will probably require 128mb), you will get panic without patching.
And you need to use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) until you can add the necessary patch and patch for the pixel clock limit anyway.

It is covered in the guide:

Well i think the patch is working... rebuilded cache etc.
And no more KP.

Still i do have another error and im unable to boot into Sierra HS (see screenshot)

I do already have lilu and intelgraphicsfixup installed.

Any idea?

Attachments

• 6CAD5B9B-1641-4F4A-9BBF-5D90256F852E.jpeg
    6CAD5B9B-1641-4F4A-9BBF-5D90256F852E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
Well i think the patch is working... rebuilded cache etc.
And no more KP.

Still i do have another error and im unable to boot into Sierra HS (see screenshot)

I do already have lilu and intelgraphicsfixup installed.

Any idea?

Did you patch for the pixel clock limit?

Did you patch for the pixel clock limit?

I used mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2
Still no succes.

Do i need to insert IntelGFX fake ID?
Maybe it has something to do with that?

Last edited:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7 MB · Views: 61
  • RehabMan.zip
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
  • terminal.zip
    990 bytes · Views: 59
  • ioreg.zip
    531.7 KB · Views: 62
  • FEFBA795-B0FA-4EE6-91F6-41FA8DE85BA4.jpeg
    FEFBA795-B0FA-4EE6-91F6-41FA8DE85BA4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Here you go...

Im unable to boot into High Sierra, with the minstolepatch 10.13 KBL (founded the patch on github Rehabman)

When I'm using ig-platform: 0x59160000 (see screenshot)

You need to patch for the pixel clock limit.
Also, you may need Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
Use an external monitor (or remote desktop) to separate problems with the internal display (eg. pixel clock) vs. other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back