Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSDT.dsl is easy to fix...this has been repeated a 1000 times here...
iasl bug. change:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW (If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }))
                }

To:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW)
                }
If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }

Result: no errors.

Rehabman, thank you for quick and profound reply! Sincerely saying I did not read all 80 pages of this thread... Now I compiled DSDT successfully, 0 errors. I figured out how to extract by clover, compiled and fixed everything as mentioned in the first post. Another mistake which I made was using the wrong (basically old) version of Maciasl. So I installed 10.12.5 and I have everything working so far, but I have one very serious bug!! I repeated it again and again - when I wake laptop from sleep it works ok for several minutes, then halts for a moment and reboots. Though if you just use the laptop and don't suspend it - even for a whole day - nothing weird happens, everything is fine. What's wrong? Maybe nvme-related problem? Can you please make some suggestions? Thank you.

Rehabman, thank you for quick and profound reply! Sincerely saying I did not read all 80 pages of this thread... Now I compiled DSDT successfully, 0 errors. I figured out how to extract by clover, compiled and fixed everything as mentioned in the first post. Another mistake which I made was using the wrong (basically old) version of Maciasl. So I installed 10.12.5 and I have everything working so far, but I have one very serious bug!! I repeated it again and again - when I wake laptop from sleep it works ok for several minutes, then halts for a moment and reboots. Though if you just use the laptop and don't suspend it - even for a whole day - nothing weird happens, everything is fine. What's wrong? Maybe nvme-related problem? Can you please make some suggestions? Thank you.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello All,
I am trying to install macOS Sierra 10.12.5 on my Dell XPS 13 9350. I am having an issue with the installation tool detecting the nvme ssd. Here are the steps I followed to do the install
  1. Make Vanilla USB with an existing hackintosh (note: this model is running 10.12.3)
  2. Replace Clover Directory with the one attached on this post
  3. Modify the KextsToReplace for the IoNvmeFamily kext to reflect the changes for 10.12.5
  4. Remove the four kexts related to wifi as I do not have a dw1620
  5. Partition the nvme ssd using gparted so that it is hfs+ with a gpt partition scheme
The installer boots fine however, it cannot see the nvme ssd. As of right now, I cannot use the HackrNVMeFamily class-code spoof as my current hack is only running 10.12.3 and I could only find the installer for 10.12.5.

Please find attached my clover directory.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 164
Hello All,
I am trying to install macOS Sierra 10.12.5 on my Dell XPS 13 9350. I am having an issue with the installation tool detecting the nvme ssd. Here are the steps I followed to do the install
  1. Make Vanilla USB with an existing hackintosh (note: this model is running 10.12.3)
  2. Replace Clover Directory with the one attached on this post
  3. Modify the KextsToReplace for the IoNvmeFamily kext to reflect the changes for 10.12.5
  4. Remove the four kexts related to wifi as I do not have a dw1620
  5. Partition the nvme ssd using gparted so that it is hfs+ with a gpt partition scheme
The installer boots fine however, it cannot see the nvme ssd. As of right now, I cannot use the HackrNVMeFamily class-code spoof as my current hack is only running 10.12.3 and I could only find the installer for 10.12.5.

Please find attached my clover directory.

I was able to get 10.12.5 on my other laptop and tried to do the HackrNVMeFamily class code spoof. However, I am still unalbe to see the nvme drive with thr mac os installer. Attached is my updated clover directory.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
As of right now, I cannot use the HackrNVMeFamily class-code spoof as my current hack is only running 10.12.3 and I could only find the installer for 10.12.5.

You can use HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext on 10.12.5.

You can use HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext on 10.12.5.
Oh. I was able to get the 10_12_5 kext however the drive still does not show up in the installer. Post #814 has the updated clover file.

I was able to get 10.12.5 on my other laptop and tried to do the HackrNVMeFamily class code spoof. However, I am still unalbe to see the nvme drive with thr mac os installer. Attached is my updated clover directory.

Your config.plist SortedOrder does not include SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml. Therefore the SSDT is not loading.

Your config.plist SortedOrder does not include SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml. Therefore the SSDT is not loading.

Ok. I added that but the issue is still present.

Attached: Updated Clover Directory

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
Hey everyone, first time posting here and also first time trying to Hackintosh.
My 9350 has the i7-6560U, 16gb ram, +QHD screen, Iris 540 graphics and a 512gb Toshiba ssd,
After 7 or 8 tries I finally got it to boot to Sierra installer but Disk Utility can't see my Toshiba drive therefore I can't continue with the install.

I have read most of the pages and people seem to have trouble with the Samsung drives, not the Toshiba drives. Is there something that I am missing?
I already have Windows 10 and Linux Mint as dual boot on it but I don't think that would stop Disk Utility from seeing the drive.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back