Status
Not open for further replies.
My Configuration:
Dell XPS 13 9350
CPU: i7-6560u
RAM: 16gb
Graphics: HD 540
Boot Disk: Toshiba nvm-e
Wifi: DW1820a stock (waiting for dw1560)

What's working?
-Graphics (I could even play league of legends) lol - Make sure ig-platform-id is 0x19260004 in clover config.plist
-Sound (both speakers and headphones but auto switch doesn't work. You have to choose from menu when you plugin)
-NVM-E working (make sure you disabled hibernate and related stuff)
-Sleep (kinda works but after waking up screen is black you have to do cold reboot)
-Wifi (nah)
-Bluetooth (kinda, but very slow connection horrible)
-USBs yes.
-All function buttons are working except brightness buttons.(I tried to add extra dsdt patches but still doesn't work)
-Charging yes(to prevent freeze on charger plug in and plug out, disable 1820a wifi in bios)
My latest clover files are in the zip below. Go get it and enjoy your hackintosh now.​

EDIT : I'm having charger plug-in plug-out freezes. Everything freezes on the screen. Cannot do anything. (charge, charg : for search keywords)

EDIT: Freeze doesn't happen anymore when i turned off only wifi(not bluetooth) in bios. I'm still using dw1820a stock wifi one.

I have the same exact configuration as you. This post was made from the Mac OS 10.12.5 installation.
Dell XPS 13 9350 QHD
CPU: i7-6560U
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540
WiFi: DW1820a stock (not used), using a dongle instead AWLL6075 (RTL8191S) and it works great.

What's working?
- Graphics (I could play Smite with decent settings at 1920x1080).
- Sound both speakers and headphones.
- WiFi dongle with its own drivers (not through AirPort).
- USB's.
- Touchpad with some multi-gestures (can't figure out drag and drop yet and it's driving me nuts).
- Touch screen works (can even drag with it).
- App Store (with the help of NullEthernet.kext from Rehab).
- Original Windows install still functional and bootable (have to switch back to RAID ON to boot to it).

What doesn't work?
- Brightness buttons will freeze the system.
- Charger plug/unplug will freeze the system.

I noticed that you said that you no longer have this charger freezing issue. I followed your suggestion and disabled WiFi in the BIOS, but it still doesn't seem to help and I'm still freezing as soon as I touch that charger cord. Any other ideas?

I would have counted this a huge success if it weren't for the plug/unplug charger freezing which is really a huge deal breaker.

UPDATE:
Brightness buttons and charger plug/unplug now work properly.
I'm considering of swapping WiFi card though cause the dongle I was using is preventing the system from sleeping properly.
Also, USB-C PD charging works too! A caveat though, I can't sleep the system with it plugged in because it would refuse to wake up.

Tip: I like to disable hard disks sleeping feature in power management because it makes waking up from sleep a million times faster.

Last edited:
@re

How can I activate native 4k Resolution? It says scaled all the time. And I can't make it more than 2048x1152 which is scaled too.

4k on a 13" screen would result in text that is too small.
Why do you want that?
Why did you not attach "Problem Reporting" files?

4k on a 13" screen would result in text that is too small.
Why do you want that?
Why did you not attach "Problem Reporting" files?
I solved the problem already, I didn't want to waste your time.

I have only 3 problems,
1- Cannot reboot
2- SD Card Reader
3- sleep when usb storage plugged-in, fails and causes instant wake up when sleep started. (I applied https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt and 0x6d patches but didn't fix the problem)

Other than literally everything works. which is a YAY! Its more than enough. But still if I can fix, I would like to know.
Also probably I won't need full 4k native. I installed switchresx to see more details without changing anything. my display was already recognized as 4k, and 1600x900 (hi-dpi) was already set.
Only thing is that it says that its recognized as unknown monitor, I exported EDID but I don't know what to do with it. And probably I won't need anything for display.

I also appreciate your efforts rehabman, you are amazing. Those GitHub repos.....

And also Here is my dsdt

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    133.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSDT.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 153
I solved the problem already, I didn't want to waste your time.

I have only 3 problems,
1- Cannot reboot
2- SD Card Reader
3- sleep when usb storage plugged-in, fails and causes instant wake up when sleep started. (I applied https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt and 0x6d patches but didn't fix the problem)

Other than literally everything works. which is a YAY! Its more than enough. But still if I can fix, I would like to know.
Also probably I won't need full 4k native. I installed switchresx to see more details without changing anything. my display was already recognized as 4k, and 1600x900 (hi-dpi) was already set.
Only thing is that it says that its recognized as unknown monitor, I exported EDID but I don't know what to do with it. And probably I won't need anything for display.

I also appreciate your efforts rehabman, you are amazing. Those GitHub repos.....

And also Here is my dsdt

1. requires more information
2. read FAQ
3. read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Attach required files.

For Those who have 0.5 sec freezes in every few seconds on Safari while playing SOME videos.

It fixed that stutter and short freezes(especially while playing videos on twitter) on my Intel Iris Graphics 540 too.

Here is an example video that causes freezes : https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/

There is another useful patch in my config in the attachment. This patch allows you to play without freezes on skylake videos with DRM protection.
It's very simple.
View attachment 247226

Here is the fix...

Screenshot2.png

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...m-twitter-and-other-pages-causing-lag.219704/

Keywords for the people who searches: freeze stutter safari freeze video freeze

For Those who have 0.5 sec freezes in every few seconds on Safari while playing SOME videos.

It fixed that stutter and short freezes(especially while playing videos on twitter) on my Intel Iris Graphics 540 too.

Here is an example video that causes freezes : https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/

Here is the fix...

View attachment 266862

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...m-twitter-and-other-pages-causing-lag.219704/

Keywords for the people who searches: freeze stutter safari freeze video freeze

You can also use IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext to fix the same problem.

You can also use IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext to fix the same problem.
That patch brakes video playing functionality after sleep though. Any video causes spinning ball and frozen safari tab. I will try with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext.

EDIT: Now sleep doesn't work, it restarts on wake (and okay okay I will post those problem reporting files asap when I have time) Then we can work on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back