Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, first time posting here and also first time trying to Hackintosh.
My 9350 has the i7-6560U, 16gb ram, +QHD screen, Iris 540 graphics and a 512gb Toshiba ssd,
After 7 or 8 tries I finally got it to boot to Sierra installer but Disk Utility can't see my Toshiba drive therefore I can't continue with the install.

I have read most of the pages and people seem to have trouble with the Samsung drives, not the Toshiba drives. Is there something that I am missing?
I already have Windows 10 and Linux Mint as dual boot on it but I don't think that would stop Disk Utility from seeing the drive.

Thanks in advance.

Did you change the Toshiba NVMe SSD to 4k LBA?

Not sure what you mean.
I used the Clover folder from the first post of this thread. I didn't change anything in it.

Thanks for your replies.
I think I wanted to chew more than I can bite. I have no idea what I am looking at. It's all foreign to me.:banghead:
I didn't realize it would be so much work to get it to work. I guess Hackintoshing this machine will not become reality. :banghead:

it goes into sleep mode after boot is completed right before install screen with kext patches
EDIT : Okay i patched correctly with terminal commands. and i put into clover kexts but i still cannot see my nvm drive to install

EDIT: 100_unsupported file solved the problem.

I have screen glitches after installation. I will post images soon.
My Configuration:
Dell XPS 13 9350
CPU: i7-6560u
RAM: 16gb
Graphics: HD 540
Boot Disk: Toshiba nvm-e
Wifi: DW1820a stock (waiting for dw1560)

What's working?
-Graphics (I could even play league of legends) lol - Make sure ig-platform-id is 0x19260004 in clover config.plist
-Sound (both speakers and headphones but auto switch doesn't work. You have to choose from menu when you plugin)
-NVM-E working (make sure you disabled hibernate and related stuff)
-Sleep (kinda works but after waking up screen is black you have to do cold reboot)
-Wifi (nah)
-Bluetooth (kinda, but very slow connection horrible)
-USBs yes.
-All function buttons are working except brightness buttons.(I tried to add extra dsdt patches but still doesn't work)
-Charging yes(to prevent freeze on charger plug in and plug out, disable 1820a wifi in bios)
My latest clover files are in the zip below. Go get it and enjoy your hackintosh now.​

Here is the current working system.
_NTL2272.jpeg

TIMELINE me while working on the setup (old to new):

IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1548.JPG
EDIT: My clover (without theme) configuration attached below.

EDIT: Problem solved (screen garbled , screen glitches , glitch) <- keywords for search. because i couldn't find at first.

xps 13 with iris 540 must use ig-platform-id 0x19260004
in config file.

EDIT: Which DW1560 wifi card should i buy? i can't find dell xps 13 9350's wifi slot information.

EDIT : I'm having charger plug-in plug-out freezes. Everything freezes on the screen. Cannot do anything. (charge, charg : for search keywords)

EDIT: Freeze doesn't happen anymore when i turned off only wifi(not bluetooth) in bios. I'm still using dw1820a stock wifi one.

EDIT: Okay i ordered DW1560.
This one:
Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2/NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 WIFI Card
I hope this one is the correct one.

EDIT one hundred?: my headphone jack is functioning weird. when you plug it half it kinda works but with sound glitches. when you plug it full. it works correctly for 0.1 sec then all sound output stops working.

EDIT: Latest VoodooHDA fixed the problem

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
My brightness keys and brightness in the settings don't work. :(

10.12.4 Notes

Clover r3994 or later required for kext injection. And r4049 is required if you expect to boot the installer...

IntelBacklight.kext is not working correctly with 10.12.4 (same with ACPIBacklight.kext). Until it is fixed, you can use Brightness by bergdesign with it, or you can use patched AppleBacklight.kext or an AppleBacklightInjector.kext customized for your graphics device and display identifier.

New guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

I tried man. I cannot patch my dsdt for IGPU. It gives kp all the time after patching. So the Injector doesn't work, also the patch in config file breaks sleep.

my config: 10.12.5 , intel iris 540

I tried man. I cannot patch my dsdt for IGPU. It gives kp all the time after patching. So the Injector doesn't work, also the patch in config file breaks sleep.

my config: 10.12.5 , intel iris 540

GFX0->IGPU patch can be accomplished with config.plist.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached... so no ideas on what you're doing wrong.

GFX0->IGPU patch can be accomplished with config.plist.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached... so no ideas on what you're doing wrong.
GFX0->IGPU patch from config.plist causes KP too. It shows nothing unusual then it stucks. After that (maybe 15 secs later) you can see 0.1ms waiting for root device, then screen becomes garbled and there is prohibited sign shows up on the screen.

I just patched shutdown fix to everything else through dsdt patching, everything seems working, shutdown works correctly now etc. But when I patch gfx0 igpu, same kp above occurs.

Thats why I can't make brightness work for me.

To see the result, first I patched ssdt-5 which contains gfx0. ssdt wasn't the problem.
whenever I load gfx0 to igpu patched dsdt, it stucks on waiting for root device then BAM, that stop sign in front of the distorted/garbled texts at the back on verbose mode.

EDIT : 45 mins later... (insert sponge bob squarepants waiting screen)
Okay, I managed to boot somehow with config.plist patch

This is the patch I applied for iris 540 graphics , OS 10.12.5 :
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change GFX0 to IGPU, optionally pair with SSDT-IGPU.aml</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>R0ZYMA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SUdQVQ==</data>
</dict>

Now let me try activating brightness

EDIT:

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 3.55.46 AM.png
@RehabMan I love you but, it broke sleep now. It never goes sleep. Should I change to order of sleep fix patch and brightness fix patch.

My Config.plist attached below.

EDIT : I observed again. It goes sleep but 1 second later it automatically wakes up.

EDIT: okay sleep problem is solved. Obviously I forgot a extra patch there.

Now my only problem is cloverhda, I don't know how many steps I should complete like patching or editing which files etc.

and restart doesn't work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back