Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rehabman read the updated thread.

On 10.12.4, there are issues with playback within Safari namely Twitter videos and content that is DRM protected.

Anyway to fix this?

IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki are only for Haswell GFX, although the issues they seem to fix are similar in nature.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I managed to get my XP941 useable now. Since I can boot 10.11.3 before, I extract some kext from 10.11.3 to 10.12.3 and it now can shows the use and install to the SSD. I replaced AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext with the 10.11.3 version and it works now. I really don't understand why. LOL
But when I try to update to 10.11.4, it won't boot again and I believe that the update replace those 2 kext again. What can I do now in order to make it work again?

Has anyone been able to get audio and video working through a USB-C to HDMI adapter? If so can you plug it in with your TV on and post an ioreg file please or post how you made it work?

How is window dragging for you guys? It's not glitchy or anything for me it just doesn't quite feel like 60hz. Also is there any way to change how sensitive the trackpad gestures are? For me switching workspaces requires a very deliberate gesture.

Anyone else having sound loss issues? I lose sound constantly on headphones or through the internal speakers unless I open system prefs->sound->input tab and leave it open

https://sourceforge.net/p/intelgraphicsfixup/svn/8/#diff-3

To anyone who was having issues with WebKit video playback for media with DRM protection on 10.12.4, I forked the original IntelGraphicsFixup project created by vit9696 and submitted a change to the original code which hooks into the AppleIntelSKLGraphics PAVP (Protected audio/video playback) callbacks.

There was a kext patch fix for Intel HD 530 GPU's which disables HDCP (High-bandwidth digital content protection), which works after cold boots on my Intel Iris HD 540, but after waking from sleep it causes WebKit to crash and hang altogether.

This is the permanent solution to all Skylake IGPU's for this particular issue.

Install this with Lilu, the dynamic rootkit that performs process patching within macOS, and you should be good to go!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back