Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the system working! Everything works:
1- When system starts and at login, the screen is garbled even though I applied the 4K fix (and also tried https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 fix). Screenshot is attached. If I attach the laptop to a screen, immediately the garbling goes away on the laptop screen and it is all perfect. I can deattach the screen and it works fine after it.
2- Getting to the backlight patch now...
3- Finding a bluetooth fix...
4- Finding how to install Clover to EFI instead of Grub 2....

Any ideas for number 1?

Attachments

• 19904730_10154504896536780_490940391_n.jpg
    19904730_10154504896536780_490940391_n.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 98
Got the system working! Everything works:
1- When system starts and at login, the screen is garbled even though I applied the 4K fix (and also tried https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 fix). Screenshot is attached. If I attach the laptop to a screen, immediately the garbling goes away on the laptop screen and it is all perfect. I can deattach the screen and it works fine after it.
2- Getting to the backlight patch now...
3- Finding a bluetooth fix...
4- Finding how to install Clover to EFI instead of Grub 2....

Any ideas for number 1?

Enable CSM/legacy boot.
And implement backlight control.

Hi, this isn't my first time trying to install MacOS on my Dell XPS 13 9343 and every time I have had trouble. I found this guide for Sierra and thought it would be a good idea to try it. I have done exactly what the guide has said to do and whenever I go to the boot menu options and select USB storage device it just goes to a black screen that says Invalid partition table! and never goes to clover. I have tried many different times to make sure it wasn't a clover installation error and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Has somebody had this issue? Please help!View attachment 244140 View attachment 244141

Hey man, I had the same issue, I solved it by formatting the bootable USB to a GUID partition before installing clover, hope I solved it, I'm still having issues with my install but I got that figured out.

I can't advance any further, it freezes here, I've installed clover and replaced the efi files and renamed and ran the codes. I did everything right but no luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
Hello all,

I've got my XPS running with 10.12.5 really smoothly. Most of the stuff works. What worries me is battery life. On Windows I could get 4-6 hours without any issues while on Hackintosh it's up to 2 hours. Is there anything I can do to improve it ? How are your times ?

Thanks all,
Gromek

Okay, I'll bite. Battery life improvement requested. Previously, I have patched SSDT's and placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched which is probably were the battery life management came from, but the latest update to your guide suggests Clover config patches on the fly. If so, where should I start with that?

Also, I tried to follow the latest backlight patch method, but it is not working. Thanks!

Note to others: I did not follow this guide, but got to where I am by other means. Take a look if it helps you:

Okay, I'll bite. Battery life improvement requested. Previously, I have patched SSDT's and placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched which is probably were the battery life management came from, but the latest update to your guide suggests Clover config patches on the fly. If so, where should I start with that?

Also, I tried to follow the latest backlight patch method, but it is not working. Thanks!

Note to others: I did not follow this guide, but got to where I am by other means. Take a look if it helps you:

From the files you provided, no issue with CPU/IGPU PM.
You will need to be more specific on the issue with brightness control. The ioreg data implies that SysPrefs->Displays has a brightness slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back