Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry! edited with a screenshot of the artefact.

Rebuild cache. Make sure you check for error free rebuild. Reboot.

Reason: Clover hotpatch such as "9mb cursor bytes" can only be applied to a kext in cache.

Note: You might want to be certain your "boot glitch" patch is up-to-date... http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

No luck with any of the settings, only thing that do any difference is to log out and in again. After that the artefacts is gone it appears.

But worse, is that none of the fixes for 3+ sleep/wake fixes seams to work either. :banghead:

I think I maybe should start over from the beginning with a fresh install.

No luck with any of the settings, only thing that do any difference is to log out and in again. After that the artefacts is gone it appears.

But worse, is that none of the fixes for 3+ sleep/wake fixes seams to work either. :banghead:

What is the output of:
Code:
md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Yosemite vanilla kext is: 5454bd2ad42b9cb11d404a0c9ad524fe

"3+ sleep/wake fixes"??

Yeah, I get the same md5.

You should try:
- patching the kext on disk (takes out the possibility of Clover issues)
- try other changes in the framebuffer (>9mb cursor, larger framebuffer values)

Agreed... That problem makes this laptop less than desireable.

BTW, you should consider installing all kexts you need to /S/L/E. Injecting when not necessary is a mistake.

Are you sure you're actually using the config.plist you posted? I see you manually merged the changes from my github into an older version, but you still have the old second stage boot patches 1/2 in there.. You need to replace those with the updated one from 10.10.2 (4188C4EB11 --> 4188C4EB31, also in gtihub). So that explains the issue with your boot screen.
However, you have the 9mb framebuffer patch and my latest patches for the intel ME in there, so both your artifacts should be gone and sleep/shutdown after 3 hours should work in 10.10.3 (it does for me). Not sure why the patches are not applied in your case. Do the other stuff that required hot patches work (e.g. audio)?

Are you sure you're actually using the config.plist you posted? I see you manually merged the changes from my github into an older version, but you still have the old second stage boot patches 1/2 in there.. You need to replace those with the updated one from 10.10.2 (4188C4EB11 --> 4188C4EB31, also in gtihub). So that explains the issue with your boot screen.
However, you have the 9mb framebuffer patch and my latest patches for the intel ME in there, so both your artifacts should be gone and sleep/shutdown after 3 hours should work in 10.10.3 (it does for me). Not sure why the patches are not applied in your case. Do the other stuff that required hot patches work (e.g. audio)?

I think I possibly have done to many trial and errors with both my config.plist and the kexts. Altough sound, BT and everything else workes fine. But I think I will redo a clean install and start over.

There is now a proper fix for this thanks to JVital2013's research. Updating the intel ME firmware is required to fix this issue, details here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...own-after-few-hours-uptime-6.html#post1029282
I will remove all the intel ME drivers patches from the repo, so you must update your ME firmware if you have the issue with sleep/shutdown locking up after the laptop has been on for more than 3 hours.

I think I possibly have done to many trial and errors with both my config.plist and the kexts. Altough sound, BT and everything else workes fine. But I think I will redo a clean install and start over.

Ok, finally got the time to do a fresh installation (work and taking care of family takes all spare time). Everything looks nice and tidy! Only problem I have encountered so far is that my magic mouse refuses to pair over BT. I tried the same mouse on my MBP and it worked, so something fishy with my dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back