Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9333 using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished following vbo guide and post this.

What works on my XPS13-9333
HD4400 QE/CI - garbled right before login, otherwise works fine
Brightness - can be adjusted
Audio - works, have not tried earphone after sleep
Battery - works, cannot patch coconut
Touchpad - a bit jumpy when trying to double-tap in 1920x1080, works better in 1600x900 (maybe will stay in this resolution to reduce eye fatigue)
Bluetooth - seems to work (have not tried pairing with other device) but cannot be turned off

Thanks to vbo and everyone in the guide!

PS: hey i have to completely erase the mSATA to begin installation. anyone success with factory/shipped mSATA?

Just finished following vbo guide and post this.

What works on my XPS13-9333
HD4400 QE/CI - garbled right before login, otherwise works fine
Which version of yosemite did you install? You should not get 'garbled right before login' in 10.10.3.

Bluetooth - seems to work (have not tried pairing with other device) but cannot be turned off
What bluetooth do you use? It works fine here with the BT on a BCM94352Z wifi/bt card.

Which version of yosemite did you install? You should not get 'garbled right before login' in 10.10.3.

What bluetooth do you use? It works fine here with the BT on a BCM94352Z wifi/bt card.

Hi vbo

I updated to 10.10.2 and the display works fine, just some split-second glitch right before login. Will update after downloading 10.10.3

I use the BrcmPatchRAM.kext v1.7

Oh and as suggested in your guide step 2.22c I only use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
Since I did not replace the wifi card inside my laptop, I didn’t use any other kext

Did I miss something?

The bluetooth detects and pairs my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and file transfers between my laptop and my phone works fine

I was wondering if after restoring the system to factory setting (i.e., using recovery disk), we can install os x using clover? the laptop comes with several partitions and one of them is an EFI partition. My first attempt fails when clover cannot install to the Win 8.1 EFI partition.
I have to erase the entire mSATA disk, disable Secure Boot add boot option in UEFI/BIOS to enable boot from clover EFI partition. some people may want to completely switch to mac os x, but I was thinking about dual-boot os x 10.10 and Win 8.1

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if after restoring the system to factory setting (i.e., using recovery disk), we can install os x using clover? the laptop comes with several partitions and one of them is an EFI partition. My first attempt fails when clover cannot install to the Win 8.1 EFI partition.
I have to erase the entire mSATA disk, disable Secure Boot add boot option in UEFI/BIOS to enable boot from clover EFI partition. some people may want to completely switch to mac os x, but I was thinking about dual-boot os x 10.10 and Win 8.1

Any thoughts?

Read and understand this entire thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

I updated to 10.10.2 and the display works fine, just some split-second glitch right before login. Will update after downloading 10.10.3
Split-second glitch while booting is normal, that's as good as it gets.

I use the BrcmPatchRAM.kext v1.7

Oh and as suggested in your guide step 2.22c I only use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
Since I did not replace the wifi card inside my laptop, I didn’t use any other kext

Did I miss something?

The bluetooth detects and pairs my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and file transfers between my laptop and my phone works fine
I'm a little confused by your setup.. If you didn't replace your wifi card, afaik you have an intel 7260AC in there. In this case, you don't need brcmpatchram. As far as not being able to turn the BT off, that might be because the apple supplied intel BT drivers don't quite work perfect with this specific card. I don't know as I didn't use this card with OSX.

I can't help you with your dualboot on OEM SSD questions since I replaced it a long time ago, but you're in good hands with RehabMan :)

...As far as not being able to turn the BT off, that might be because the apple supplied intel BT drivers don't quite work perfect with this specific card. I don't know as I didn't use this card with OSX.

As far as I've been able to tell, Bluetooth power control only works with Broadcom hardware (BroadcomUSBHostControllerUSBTransport).

Always best result with hardware similar to hardware that Apple uses :)

Split-second glitch while booting is normal, that's as good as it gets.

I'm a little confused by your setup.. If you didn't replace your wifi card, afaik you have an intel 7260AC in there. In this case, you don't need brcmpatchram. As far as not being able to turn the BT off, that might be because the apple supplied intel BT drivers don't quite work perfect with this specific card. I don't know as I didn't use this card with OSX.

I can't help you with your dualboot on OEM SSD questions since I replaced it a long time ago, but you're in good hands with RehabMan :)

hi vbo,
so it is not required to add the brcmpatchram kext if I didn't replace the factory Intel 7260 wifi card.

for dual boot, I just finished restoring the factory setting to the mSATA. just want to share that the mSATA should be erased and all setting in UEFI/BIOS must be returned to default settings, including Secure Boot. after restoring and windows activated, disable Secure Boot and install os x using vbo guide and after step no 4, restart and add Boot Option to point CloverX64.efi in the EFI/CLOVER/ folder. on my laptop, the EFI partition is detected as disk0s2, so I have to edit the file mount_efi.sh. need to point out here that in tonymacx86 guide step 4.3 which is formatting the EFI partition must be skipped to retain dual boot capability with windows.

the laptop is now alive :)

USB wifi until I can find a compatible brcm wifi/bt card
thanks everyone!

hi vbo,
so it is not required to add the brcmpatchram kext if I didn't replace the factory Intel 7260 wifi card.

BrcmPatchRAM will do nothing unless a supported Broadcom bluetooth device is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back