Register

[Guide] Dell Latitude E5470 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here you go-

Attachments

• E5470 mdub.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
ok, I should patch DSDT with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' for IGPU PM right?
and I thought generating an SSDT with beta SSDTPRGen.sh then placing in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched would take care of CPU PM? I did do that...

ok, I should patch DSDT with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' for IGPU PM right?
and I thought generating an SSDT with beta SSDTPRGen.sh then placing in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched would take care of CPU PM? I did do that...

ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml is not from ssdtPRgen.sh.
Wrong files in ACPI/patched. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-13.aml

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok, SSDT and SSDT-2 are sorted (2 was a duplicate of 1 so I didn't include it initially). I have lots of CPU P and C states as confirmed by terminal output of AppleIntelInfo.kext. There's no GPU P-States though. I patched DSDT with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' but got a kernel panic on booting. Is there a guide on getting GPU power management working for Intel HD530?

I patched DSDT with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' but got a kernel panic on booting. Is there a guide on getting GPU power management working for Intel HD530?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I had to patch all SSDT (not just DSDT) with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' - no more kernel panic now.
I enabled HWP in Clover (HWPEnable=True under CPU section of config.plist), wanted to try it instead of generated SSDT as my hardware supports it. Battery life isn't great though (3.5hrs on full charge versus 6+ on windows), was better before I patched SSDT/DSDT (~4.5 hrs on full charge) so maybe PM still isn't working? Does HWP stay enabled after sleep if enabled via clover? see attached /EFI/Clover/ folder

also looks like I dont have HDMI or VGA ports working since patching GFX0 -> IGPU. Any idea how I fix that?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I had to patch all SSDT (not just DSDT) with 'Rename GFX0 to IGPU' - no more kernel panic now.

Yes... as per guide (renames must be done across all SSDTs and DSDT).

also looks like I dont have HDMI or VGA ports working since patching GFX0 -> IGPU. Any idea how I fix that?

VGA not supported. If you have an issue, must provide information...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

ok-

Attachments

• e5470 v2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 116

Your config.plist is corrupt. Never use a text editor for your config.plist.

You did not provide the output from kextcache. Read the request carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back