Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Latitude E5470 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you had a problem with osx installer not recognizing hdd or ssd?

I had a problem with the installer seeing my internal SATA drive. try booting using fakesata ID 8086a102. I had to use unibeast (could not do vanilla clover usb boot to installer- not sure why).

I think I'm almost done with my e5470 10.11 post install, I've been able to successfully re-compile all DSDT/SSDT with appropriate patches except for SSDT-0.dsl. I did f4 clover dump, decompiled using iasl from Rehabman's github then opened in Rehabman's 2016-0423 version of MaciASL set to ACPI 6.1. When attempting to compile SSDT-0.dsl I get the following error (see screenshot). SSDT-0.dsl is attached here, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 2.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 2.19.13 PM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 135
  • SSDT-0.dsl
    5.8 KB · Views: 114
I had a problem with the installer seeing my internal SATA drive. try booting using fakesata ID 8086a102. I had to use unibeast (could not do vanilla clover usb boot to installer- not sure why).

As per guide, just use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

I think I'm almost done with my e5470 10.11 post install, I've been able to successfully re-compile all DSDT/SSDT with appropriate patches except for SSDT-0.dsl. I did f4 clover dump, decompiled using iasl from Rehabman's github then opened in Rehabman's 2016-0423 version of MaciASL set to ACPI 6.1. When attempting to compile SSDT-0.dsl I get the following error (see screenshot). SSDT-0.dsl is attached here, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Why do you care about these errors? They are in a _DSM method which is going to be removed with "Remove _DSM methods".

OK- I applied "Remove _DSM methods" to SSDT-0.aml, that fixed all errors and I was able to compile. I'm booted into 10.11 and have everything working except audio. No audio devices are listed in audio/midi setup but there is an audio device under system profiler. Prior to patching DSDT/SSDTs I had audio working using the steps in the guide.
I was looking back through the DSDT/SSDT patching guide and realized I forgot to apply the "Audio Layout 3" patch to my DSDT from your LaptopPatches repo Rehabman. I decompiled my DSDT.aml again and applied Brightness Fix and ADBG syntax patches however I cannot apply the 'Audio Layout 3' patch. The apply button is greyed out. I've attatched my DSDT.dsl here. thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
OK- I applied "Remove _DSM methods" to SSDT-0.aml, that fixed all errors and I was able to compile. I'm booted into 10.11 and have everything working except audio. No audio devices are listed in audio/midi setup but there is an audio device under system profiler. Prior to patching DSDT/SSDTs I had audio working using the steps in the guide.
I was looking back through the DSDT/SSDT patching guide and realized I forgot to apply the "Audio Layout 3" patch to my DSDT from your LaptopPatches repo Rehabman. I decompiled my DSDT.aml again and applied Brightness Fix and ADBG syntax patches however I cannot apply the 'Audio Layout 3' patch. The apply button is greyed out. I've attatched my DSDT.dsl here. thanks.

You have to rename HDAS->HDEF (simple find/replace) before you can apply "Audio Layout 3".

awesome, everything works now. huge thanks!

on a side note- I get a headache when using the built-in display at 60hz refresh rate. no visible flickering but I dunno, the monitor is just a lot harder to look at for extended periods. Not an issue on windows with same resolution and refresh rate settings. I've switched to 48hz refresh rate and its not as much of an issue but motion is less fluid...Any idea what might be causing this?

awesome, everything works now. huge thanks!

on a side note- I get a headache when using the built-in display at 60hz refresh rate. no visible flickering but I dunno, the monitor is just a lot harder to look at for extended periods. Not an issue on windows with same resolution and refresh rate settings. I've switched to 48hz refresh rate and its not as much of an issue but motion is less fluid...Any idea what might be causing this?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back