Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something strange...now everything works like a charm instead of cpu fan(i can hear it loud). It seems to run all the time and get very hot. Can you please take a look at the archive and tell me what you think its wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 74
Something strange...now everything works like a charm instead of cpu fan(i can hear it loud). It seems to run all the time and get very hot. Can you please take a look at the archive and tell me what you think its wrong? Thanks.

Might be the system is just busy after a fresh install (indexing files, etc).
You should check in Activity Monitor.
But your ACPI setup is wrong.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Keep in mind SortedOrder required changes.

can i use ACPI/Origin files which i already have instead of extracting them with F4 from Clover one more time?

Hey Rehab,

hope today is finding you well.

This is my fourth successful build with your work, but now I've encountered a peculiar issue: color inversion doesn't work.

I thought such things were handled by Cocoa... my graphics are working fine (zoom works lol)... So I'm scratching my head and can only guess that it's something hackintosh related ;)

I wont bother you with attachments, as I would fresh install 5x more before bothering you to that degree, but I am asking your thoughts on this... though I'm a programmer myself, you hardware junkies' repos still mystify me :)

So this setup is basically an Xcode slave (idc if its perfect), so I didn't bother patching it... Before I spend the next day going through that, is it at all likely that is the problem?

One interesting to add... my sleep mode just goes to a black screen (which is fine), but with inversion on... it goes to a white screen... puzzling to me how the "sleep" mode is the only thing working with color inversion..

Anyway, I wish I had your coding skills... And general hardware knowledge. I somehow got suckered into being a software engineer instead of a hardware one... shrug... Life regrets, eh?

Peace and blessings,
-RG

Hey Rehab,

hope today is finding you well.

This is my fourth successful build with your work, but now I've encountered a peculiar issue: color inversion doesn't work.

I thought such things were handled by Cocoa... my graphics are working fine (zoom works lol)... So I'm scratching my head and can only guess that it's something hackintosh related ;)

I wont bother you with attachments, as I would fresh install 5x more before bothering you to that degree, but I am asking your thoughts on this... though I'm a programmer myself, you hardware junkies' repos still mystify me :)

So this setup is basically an Xcode slave (idc if its perfect), so I didn't bother patching it... Before I spend the next day going through that, is it at all likely that is the problem?

One interesting to add... my sleep mode just goes to a black screen (which is fine), but with inversion on... it goes to a white screen... puzzling to me how the "sleep" mode is the only thing working with color inversion..

Anyway, I wish I had your coding skills... And general hardware knowledge. I somehow got suckered into being a software engineer instead of a hardware one... shrug... Life regrets, eh?

Peace and blessings,
-RG

Please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ.
And read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ.
And read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

No sir, I was just trying to pick your brain a bit not get the full treatment... I would feel bad doing that at this point. I've read the 100 pages of this thread I know what you need for when I have exhausted all of my own attempts.

I was just curious about the various interfaces between mac and the hardware, not necessarily asking for a solution, since there isn't a "Learn Hackintosh For Dummies!" book ;) So my question was more of a 'hey, how does this thing work?' than a 'i ned help plx'

But I know you are a busy god, solving the issues of all of us that make sacrifices unto your altar... You probably have terabytes of EFI folders, ioreg readouts, and kernel panic pictures ^-^

Peace and blessings

Hi friends.
Can i install mac sierra 10.11.3 follow tutorial in first post.
I have installed mac EL Capitan 10.11.6.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back