Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mrgeque
I also have another question:
So I'm planning on getting a supported WiFi card, but in the meantime, I want to use ethernet for internet connection. However, when I connect via Ethernet, it doesn't show up under Network in System Preferences. How can I get that working?
were you able to fix sleep wake issues? and for the ethernet, try using RealtekRTL8111.kext

were you able to fix sleep wake issues? and for the ethernet, try using RealtekRTL8111.kext
Yeah i fixed the sleep wake issue and I got the ethernet working. Thank you very much. Is there a way to get audio working for headphones? because when I plug my headphones in, no sound comes out of it.

Yeah i fixed the sleep wake issue and I got the ethernet working. Thank you very much. Is there a way to get audio working for headphones? because when I plug my headphones in, no sound comes out of it.
happy you got everything working. Headphones is an issue by itself. I use bluetooth headphones so never found the need to fix the plug. Search the forum and threads, im sure you'll come up with a fix:). try codeccommander

Last edited:
happy you got everything working. Headphones is an issue by itself. I use bluetooth headphones so never found the need to fix the plug. Search the forum and threads, im sure you'll come up with a fix:). try codeccommander
I would like to once again thank you and @navaira for all of your support. One last thing is, do you have any suggestions on choosing a supported wifi card?

I would like to once again thank you and @navaira for all of your support. One last thing is, do you have any suggestions on choosing a supported wifi card?
Internal or external? I was able to swap mine in the Yoga and went with Broadcom BCM94352 (same as Azurewave CE-123h) – it's very well documented and works without problems, Bluetooth, wifi, 2.4/5GHz.

No clue about the headphones – I never needed to do anything with them. Once I got the speakers to work, the headphones worked as well. I haven't used CodecCommander, but I needed to use an old version of AppleALC before Apple removed the extra layouts; now with OpenCore the latest just works with layout 3.

There's a fix for the headphones. I had it working with these same settings when I had clover but opencore killed codeccommander. Our proper audio codec is 13, not 77. You'll have to redownload AppleALC & move the alc-verb exec to usr/local/bin. Run the install.sh from the ALCPlugFix folder I've provided & Reboot. Afterwards, run
alc-verb 0x19 0x707 0x24 & alc-verb 0x1a 0x707 0x20 in your terminal and you should be good to go :). Make sure to apply the audio-related changes from my plist file. This should work for every reader here with Inspiron models of our generation with the ALC3254/ALC95 codec. Also included is an aml file that turns the prtscrn key into a functional F13 key which can then be used as a shortcut.

So Dell includes numerous Fn key secondary shortcuts. Most of them that would translate to macOS work natively. You guys should try them to see if they work. Pressing fn+insert puts it to sleep & crtl+insert brings up the dialog box which lets you pick between power states.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
@Mrgeque Thank you so much for this setup! Not asking for help just yet, but I just wanted to say thanks and let you know what I'm working on:

I'm working with my Dell Inspiron 13 7378 and with your EFI, I was actually able to boot and install Catalina after just changing the SMBIOS.

Not working (so far)

- NOW WORKING - Sound (ALC3253) - Currently fiddling with layout-id settings (layout-id 0C000000 did the trick)
- Wifi - I've ordered a BCM94360NG and am waiting for it, so hopefully that should work as-is

Once I get Wifi and sound going, I'll start testing the other features to see what else is different, but the basic stuff (touchscreen, touchpad, graphics) just works.

Next steps after wifi and sound:

- Update OC to 0.6.3 for Big Sur support
- Update to Big Sur

Before I dive too deep into the next steps, are you thinking about an update to OC 0.6.3 at any point?

Last edited:
@Mrgeque
Do you have any idea how to get the headphone mic working? Cuz when I plug in my headphones, system preferences still indicate as internal mic

Edit: Also, how can you get the brightness buttons working?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back