Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I used to Tools in following link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/
I really sorry, but I can't to into Mac same as my video. I try with usb boot although I press F4/Fn+F4 accroding tool's guide, i still can't generate report.

This will probably not be able to work because the HDMI port is attached internally to the nVidia GTX 1050 Ti, which we have disabled to get macOS running on this laptop smoothly!
Have you tried installing web drivers and then removing the patches that disable the Nvidia card? You might turn out to be lucky.

Note: Web Drivers require you to be on macOS Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier.

Have you tried installing web drivers and then removing the patches that disable the Nvidia card? You might turn out to be lucky.

Note: Web Drivers require you to be on macOS Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier.

I know I tried in High Sierra and got the Web Drivers to load and boot, but my GeForce 1050ti wasn't working as the Nvidia Control Panel wasn't showing the card. I am not proficient with coding or all the patches that are out there. Also with WhateverGreen being introduced, not sure what else to try to get it work.

So I installed 10.14, and I think I have done everything correctly (I used Nihhaar's files since they are for 10.14) but I battery life is terrible compared to Windows. Did I miss something? Problem Reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
You will need to provide details regarding "terrible".
Well, it's half that of Windows.. In Windows I got around 45-50 minutes of netflix at 10% drain and in mac I got 25-30 minutes.. I tried this multiple times and it was mostly consistent.. Also I got around 3.5 hrs of normal use from Windows for 50% battery.. In mac I would get only ~4.5 hrs of TOTAL battery life. I was mostly browsing in chrome in both cases..

Also I noticed that in mac, CPU frequency does not drop below 1.3GHz, when it should be dropping to .8GHz.. In windows I see it below 1 GHz all the time but in mac it bottoms out at 1.3..Even at 1-2% cpu utilization.. Maybe that is affecting the battery life(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back