Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Do

I do not use a custom DSDT.aml. I use SSDT-BAT.aml for my battery status. It plus SMCBatteryManager.kext seem to give me battery status. If i remove either i loose battery status. Also make sure you dont have SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight set in Clover/Devices section. It caused me to loose battery status. Give the new attached Clover a shot. Its running on the latest Catalina 10.15.3.
Thanks for the help, I tried all the above steps and have had no success, the last resort would be to change my clover, and I really don't want to do that as my installation right now is great. The only thing that doesn't work is the battery percentage, which I have been living without but I would really like to have it if you know any fixes with the current configuration that I have, I would be very appreciative for the help

Attached below is my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.9 MB · Views: 166
Thanks for the help, I tried all the above steps and have had no success, the last resort would be to change my clover, and I really don't want to do that as my installation right now is great. The only thing that doesn't work is the battery percentage, which I have been living without but I would really like to have it if you know any fixes with the current configuration that I have, I would be very appreciative for the help

Attached below is my EFI

What card are you using for Wifi/Bluetooth?
Also, your using SMCBatterymanager.kext with FakeSMC.kext. Wont work. Remove FakeSMC and use VirtualSMC.kext. See if you have battery status after the switch

Also, Remove SSDT-UIAC.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched for USB and add the attached USBPorts.kext in Clover/Kexts/Other.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Also, your using SMCBatterymanager.kext with FakeSMC.kext. Wont work. Remove FakeSMC and use VirtualSMC.kext. See if you have battery status after the switch

Also, Remove SSDT-UIAC.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched for USB and add the attached USBPorts.kext in Clover/Kexts/Other.

Also, if you have a spare USB flash drive laying around. Format it to MacOS Extended Journaled. Once thats done. Mount the USB Drives EFI using Clover Configurator. Once the EFI is mounted copy your current working EFI over to it. That gives you a USB backup Clover to boot in case of catastrophe lol.

I am using bcm94352z and I have done all of that and still no dice (put everything back as it was before, as now it boots and runs a little sluggishly) should I try a DSDT patch maybe?

I am using bcm94352z and I have done all of that and still no dice (put everything back as it was before, as now it boots and runs a little sluggishly) should I try a DSDT patch maybe?

Go to the attached link and follow the directions in the script. Send me the output files.

Go to the attached link and follow the directions in the script. Send me the output files.
Ok, I am doing that but everytime I keep getting the same error: usr/bin/gen_debug Read-only file system
i know what this means I just don't know how to make that directory writeable

Ok, I am doing that but everytime I keep getting the same error: usr/bin/gen_debug Read-only file system
i know what this means I just don't know how to make that directory writeable

open terminal and type- sudo mount -uw /
enter your password, after that's done try to run the script again

ok that worked, here is the debug file

Attachments

• debug_27387.zip
    5 MB · Views: 59
ok that worked, here is the debug file
from your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe20a04a9a0 [0x7fff8d2e4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext/", ID = "ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager" }
also lilu.kext not installed to /L/E

EDIT:::

as you have set InjectKexts -> Yes in config.plist..

then delete your 3rd party kexts from /L/E and have them all updated in clover/kexts/other

from your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe20a04a9a0 [0x7fff8d2e4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext/", ID = "ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager" }
also lilu.kext not installed to /L/E

EDIT:::

as you have set InjectKexts -> Yes in config.plist..

then delete your 3rd party kexts from /L/E and have them all updated in clover/kexts/other
thanks for the help, but what 3rd party kexts do I have?

Back