Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Remove these kexts from clover/kexts/other right? and my DSDT is from another laptop

ok, got rid of the DSDT, now where do I get a DSDT file of my own to patch and which patches do I apply? The ones in the original guide? or have they been updated since then?

ok, got rid of the DSDT, now where do I get a DSDT file of my own to patch and which patches do I apply? The ones in the original guide? or have they been updated since then?
what patches did you have in it before? as mentioned it may be that you don't need it

Try the attached Clover. Add your SMBIOS info to the config.plist first. You dont need a patched DSDT.aml as you are currently using the Hotpatch method.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 99
perfect! that worked perfectly! I have battery percentage and everything is running smoothly. Thank you very much Slipanot and Feartech for all your help! I really appreciate it

Try the attached Clover. Add your SMBIOS info to the config.plist first. You dont need a patched DSDT.aml as you are currently using the Hotpatch method.
I am using the new clover and it works great, since I don't have a DSDT, is there any way that I can map brightness controls to the brightness keys on my keyboard?

I am using the new clover and it works great, since I don't have a DSDT, is there any way that I can map brightness controls to the brightness keys on my keyboard?

Of course. Go to System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts. Click on Display on the Left. You get 2 options for "Decrease and Increase display brightness. Change to whatever key combo you like :)

Of course. Go to System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts. Click on Display on the Left. You get 2 options for "Decrease and Increase display brightness. Change to whatever key combo you like :)
wow that worked, thats awesome! thanks!

Back