Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

I know you already said it booted past a verbose screen, but do you have the -v boot arg in your boot args?

Hello,

one and a half year ago I successfully installed macOS High Sierra on my sisters laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7559 with 4k UHD screen).
Now I used the guide from this thread, trying to install Mojave. With the Clover settings from the attached "EFI_usb" folder I managed to (I think successfully) install it to my 2nd hard drive.

After the installation however I can not boot the system. It will pass through the verbose screen and then it gets stuck at an Apple logo screen with a progress bar with 0 percent and a mouse curser.

I tried to boot in safe mode with the same result. I tried booting with the "EFI_usb" as well as with the "EFI_desktop" clover settings, getting the same result. Also I tried patching the DSDT on my running High Sierra partition without any result.

I'm really getting crazy on this and don't know what else to try. I hope someone can have a look at my files and have an idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't know if it's helpful, but I also attached the clover configuration of my running High Sierra partition "EFI_HighSierra".

Thanks for any help!
I know you already said it booted past a verbose screen, but do you have the -v boot arg in your boot args?

Yes, I boot using the -v boot arg. It takes a long time booting in the verbose screen and then it goes to the described Apple logo screen and gets stuck there.

Yes, I boot using the -v boot arg. It takes a long time booting in the verbose screen and then it goes to the described Apple logo screen and gets stuck there.
About how long do you leave it in that state before turning the machine off?

Give the attached clover a try :) Add your own SMBIOS info as mine is removed. This is mine from my rig. Everything runs flawless. Now i know it's "requested" to install 3rd party kexts in L/E. I do not. I use Clover/Kexts/Other. Honestly I've never had an issue. So use at your own risk. Let me know if this helps
I am having trouble getting the correct battery percentage to be displayed and I am also having trouble with the bluetooth not being detected after waking up the system, any ideas to help resolve these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated

Hey guys, I'm a complete and total noob with this stuff. I'm attempting my first dual boot. I followed the guide step by step, but did nothing else up until the point where it says to boot from the usb drive. I am getting stuck when trying to install mojave, I'm stuck at "Start InitDeviceTree". I know there's probably something I am supposed to be doing that is implied, but like I said, complete and total noob.

Also, I have tried using unibeast as well with the same result.

Also, I had upgraded bios to 1.3.0 beforehand, so idk if that is causing issues.
Try unpluging the battery and doing the install then, worked for me

I am having trouble getting the correct battery percentage to be displayed and I am also having trouble with the bluetooth not being detected after waking up the system, any ideas to help resolve these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi

Same Issue with Bluetooth. Any Workaround to get it work after Sleep?
After Restart Bluetooth is Running correctly.

BCM94352Z NGFF

THX

Hi

Same Issue with Bluetooth. Any Workaround to get it work after Sleep?
After Restart Bluetooth is Running correctly.

BCM94352Z NGFF

THX

Send me a copy of your EFI and ill see what i can do :)

Give the attached clover a try :) Add your own SMBIOS info as mine is removed. This is mine from my rig. Everything runs flawless. Now i know it's "requested" to install 3rd party kexts in L/E. I do not. I use Clover/Kexts/Other. Honestly I've never had an issue. So use at your own risk. Let me know if this helps
one question, was this clover patched to read battery percentages? because I patched the DSDT with the correct patch and I patched the SSDT-BAT with the correct patch and I still haven't gotten it to read properly. Maybe I need to use an older version of the kext? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do
one question, was this clover patched to read battery percentages? because I patched the DSDT with the correct patch and I patched the SSDT-BAT with the correct patch and I still haven't gotten it to read properly. Maybe I need to use an older version of the kext? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I do not use a custom DSDT.aml. I use SSDT-BAT.aml for my battery status. It plus SMCBatteryManager.kext seem to give me battery status. If i remove either i loose battery status. Also make sure you dont have SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight set in Clover/Devices section. It caused me to loose battery status. Give the new attached Clover a shot. Its running on the latest Catalina 10.15.3.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 67
Back