Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

the make and mode of your laptop should be obvious to you?

look underneath it
I'm using slipanot latest EFI if that helps. Sep 22. Which everything works besides WiFi and Bluetooth and HDMI. Finishing touches would help. I'm clueless on laptops. Sorry.

the make and mode of your laptop should be obvious to you?

look underneath it
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz (3.5 GHz Turbo) 4 cores, 8 threads
  • Mainboard: Intel HM170 (Skylake PCH-H)
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB GDDR5 + Intel HD Graphics 530 (Nvidia Optimus)

Latest Dell 7559 4K EFI. Running OC 0.9.9 with all the latest kexts. Only thing not working correctly is HDMI and Headphone jack. Everything else works. "Including touchscreen" WiFi and Bluetooth work with DW1530 adapter which i currently use.

Attachments

• Dell 7559_4k OC-0.9.9 EFI.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 14
Latest Dell 7559 4K EFI. Running OC 0.9.9 with all the latest kexts. Only thing not working correctly is HDMI and Headphone jack. Everything else works. "Including touchscreen" WiFi and Bluetooth work with DW1530 adapter which i currently use.
Hey thanks for the reply, yeah, I got the HDMI to work. I can share me EFI that I used form your Sept. 22 2023 #822. I'll try yours and see and also for the Intel Blue Tooth and Intel Wifi I can get it to work from a EFI I tinkered around with and got it to work but when I add it it to your EFI OpenCore says errors with other kexts lost track where there located or something. Kinda strange. If you wanna have it go let me know. Its all your config of your EFI from Sept. 22 23. If you could help me get these Intel Kexts and Bluetooth to work with the stock would be cool.

Attachments

• EFI HDMI.zip
    13 MB · Views: 14
Hey thanks for the reply, yeah, I got the HDMI to work. I can share me EFI that I used form your Sept. 22 2023 #822. I'll try yours and see and also for the Intel Blue Tooth and Intel Wifi I can get it to work from a EFI I tinkered around with and got it to work but when I add it it to your EFI OpenCore says errors with other kexts lost track where there located or something. Kinda strange. If you wanna have it go let me know. Its all your config of your EFI from Sept. 22 23. If you could help me get these Intel Kexts and Bluetooth to work with the stock would be cool.
I appreciate the the help with the HDMI issue. I never really looked into to far since i never use a secondary screen. But i'm sure to many it was an issue. Im not familiar with the process for Intel kexts for WiFi or Bluetooth currently.

I appreciate the the help with the HDMI issue. I never really looked into to far since i never use a secondary screen. But i'm sure to many it was an issue. Im not familiar with the process for Intel kexts for WiFi or Bluetooth currently.
Np :) I use this laptop as a desktop since I don't take it anywhere so its stationary. As for the Bluetooth and Intel stock WiFi. I just need help adding the kexts but when I do add it to the folder kexts OpenCore feaks out and says this. I'll attach the screenshot. I had working fine but don't know how to do it right on your EFI. My other EFI that I tinker around works but not with yours and I don't know what I'm missing.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#wifi-and-bluetooth
link for the Stock Intel WiFi/Bluetooth.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 4.45.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 4.45.30 PM.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
Np :) I use this laptop as a desktop since I don't take it anywhere so its stationary. As for the Bluetooth and Intel stock WiFi. I just need help adding the kexts but when I do add it to the folder kexts OpenCore feaks out and says this. I'll attach the screenshot. I had working fine but don't know how to do it right on your EFI. My other EFI that I tinker around works but not with yours and I don't know what I'm missing.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#wifi-and-bluetooth
link for the Stock Intel WiFi/Bluetooth.

Hi

That error is nothing to do with Intel wireless or BT but the order of your Voodoo kexts. The main kext should be declared *before* the plug-in kexts it provides. So move the main kext up your config.plist so it loads first.

Hi

That error is nothing to do with Intel wireless or BT but the order of your Voodoo kexts. The main kext should be declared *before* the plug-in kexts it provides. So move the main kext up your config.plist so it loads first.
I'm an confused on this. Is there a way you can help me with it correctly?

Back