Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

No, for some reason I am missing numerous files from my caches folder, there is supposed to be a ton of files in there but I only have 5, so thats why I think that I have an incomplete library folder, and it is affecting my machine's performance

Like @Feartech stated earlier. I think its in your best interest to run MacOS Installer again. No need for a full wipe. And you can also do a full wipe if wanted. Just backup what you need and start over. Thats the "clean answer".

so, you're saying that It was a bad install?

I'm not sure what you mean by installer method, but I did a Vanilla install, if that helps

I'm not sure what you mean by installer method, but I did a Vanilla install, if that helps

What method did you use to make your installer? Unibeast,Other,etc..

I used terminal

I used terminal

That method should have been fine. If you followed the instructions in this thread it should have made a clean installer. What performance/Issues are you having with your system? Attach a copy of your clover folder if you don't mind.

The problems that I am having are not so much as to when the laptop is awake, but when it is asleep. You see whenever I put it into sleep mode (close the lid) and wake it up again, It works, but not as intended, for example, if I were to open google chrome after I woke the computer up, it won't load, it is just a grey box (this is fixed after restarting) as well as facetime, before I close the lid the webcam works, but after I wake it up it doesn't detect the webcam anymore. I originally thought that I had to do the iMessage and Facetime fix so I open up my caches folder to find that there are only 5 folders located in it, just 5. This is a very strange problem and I just want to get my system working well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.7 MB · Views: 177
The problems that I am having are not so much as to when the laptop is awake, but when it is asleep. You see whenever I put it into sleep mode (close the lid) and wake it up again, It works, but not as intended, for example, if I were to open google chrome after I woke the computer up, it won't load, it is just a grey box (this is fixed after restarting) as well as facetime, before I close the lid the webcam works, but after I wake it up it doesn't detect the webcam anymore. I originally thought that I had to do the iMessage and Facetime fix so I open up my caches folder to find that there are only 5 folders located in it, just 5. This is a very strange problem and I just want to get my system working well.
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

does anyone know what kext enables the HDMI to work?

Back