Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

If you use WhateverGreen.kext you shouldn't use AppleBacklightInjector.kext

I attached SSDT-PNLF for WhateverGreen, it's not the same as for AppleBacklightInjector
You can remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext and use this SSDT-PNLF with WhateverGreen.

Also for enabling fn brightness keys if you use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext you can use ACPIKeyboard.kext and apply this patch:

C-like:
Maintained by: RehabMan for: ACPIKeyboard.kext
#patch.txt

# This patch serves to provide a catalyst to load ACPIKeyboard.kext
# and it also provides a sink to send notifications to in
# order to send messages to the kext to simulate keystrokes.

into device label RMKB remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Device (RMKB)\n
{\n
    Name(_HID, "RMKB0000")\n
}\n
end;

into method label _Q81 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114f)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124f)\n
end;

into method label _Q80 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114d)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124d)\n
end;

If you use VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooI2C.kext you should apply this patch:

C-like:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

OK, so I am now using WhateverGreen and removed the AppleBacklightInjector, and I have downloaded the latest version from github. However, I got black screen after booted. If I connect a monitor through HDMI, I can see the wallpaper on it. I guess there is still something wrong with the brightness.

If you use WhateverGreen.kext you shouldn't use AppleBacklightInjector.kext

I attached SSDT-PNLF for WhateverGreen, it's not the same as for AppleBacklightInjector
You can remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext and use this SSDT-PNLF with WhateverGreen.

Also for enabling fn brightness keys if you use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext you can use ACPIKeyboard.kext and apply this patch:

C-like:
Maintained by: RehabMan for: ACPIKeyboard.kext
#patch.txt

# This patch serves to provide a catalyst to load ACPIKeyboard.kext
# and it also provides a sink to send notifications to in
# order to send messages to the kext to simulate keystrokes.

into device label RMKB remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Device (RMKB)\n
{\n
    Name(_HID, "RMKB0000")\n
}\n
end;

begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114f)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124f)\n
end;

begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x114d)\n
    Notify(\RMKB, 0x124d)\n
end;

If you use VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooI2C.kext you should apply this patch:

C-like:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

I still have this problem... I just made another post.

I guess this is a bit of a strange request but can someone link me their library folder? I am asking because I am missing quite a few files for some strange reason, and it is affecting the performance of my machine

I guess this is a bit of a strange request but can someone link me their library folder? I am asking because I am missing quite a few files for some strange reason, and it is affecting the performance of my machine
would be way to large, just re run the macOS installer (no need to wipe)

what do you mean by rerun the installer? Do you mean reinstalling the operating system that is on the bootable USB?

what do you mean by rerun the installer? Do you mean reinstalling the operating system that is on the bootable USB?
yes, re install macOS, either by downloading newest form appstore or your usb installer

I'm afraid that didn't work, do you have any idea, where I would be able to find a complete library folder? I was thinking of copying it from another mac, but the only other one I have is a high sierra mac, would the library folder from that mac be compatible?

I'm afraid that didn't work, do you have any idea, where I would be able to find a complete library folder? I was thinking of copying it from another mac, but the only other one I have is a high sierra mac, would the library folder from that mac be compatible?
what exactly are you missing?

Are you missing kexts from your library/extensions folder? Im not sure how you would loose anything else in that Folder without manually deleting them. Either way, If your looking for just Library/Extensions attached is a clean folder from 10.14.6 (18G95)

Attachments

• Library:Extensions.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
No, for some reason I am missing numerous files from my caches folder, there is supposed to be a ton of files in there but I only have 5, so thats why I think that I have an incomplete library folder, and it is affecting my machine's performance

Back