Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Glad it worked. If you dont mind could you post your clover folder like I said on the other thread? My display seems to be having issues.
Thanks.
Sure, here you go. I've also attached the kexts I installed to Library/Extensions

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 152
  • system Kexts.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
Sure, here you go. I've also attached the kexts I installed to Library/Extensions

Well, turns out your files boot and work fine except for the only thing I wanted haha.
Can you or ANYONE for that matter go to this site (https://www.testufo.com/) and check if they get 60 fps?
Also comment your screen (fhd or 4k) if you get 60 fps/hz.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 2.03.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 2.03.49 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 95
Well, turns out your files boot and work fine except for the only thing I wanted haha.
Can you or ANYONE for that matter go to this site (https://www.testufo.com/) and check if they get 60 fps?
Also comment your screen (fhd or 4k) if you get 60 fps/hz.

Thanks.
I'm getting 60hz.. Try the following:
Go to system preferences
Go to displays
Under display select "scaled"
hold option (whatever you have it mapped to, for me it was the windows key)
click "scaled" again while holding down option.
select 1080p and select 60hz from the refresh rate option.

Go to system preferences
Go to displays
Just tried that. Didnt work (got no options for the 60 hz, I know what u mean because I have these options on my other laptop running mojave). Which points to the problem being on my end. I will do a clean install and then see if that works.

Edit: Clean installed worked! Now I have 60 Hz with the added benefit of working touchpad gestures. Thanks!

Last edited:
Go to system preferences
Go to displays
Do you have an option for bluetooth in the settings? It used to be there before.

Edit: It came back after a reboot.

Last edited:
Hmm, what do you mean by "when AppleHDA is running"?
I have the default AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, and AppleALC along with a custom CodecCommander.kext in my clover kext folder.
Sorry, I meant AppleALC. When I uninstalled AppleALC, everyone goes normal. Is your AppleALC the latest one? Also with CodecCommander, did you use an SSDT with it?

Hey, I've got a strange problem and it only happens when the computer enters sleep mode, the things that are happening are: chrome opening but being just a grey box, youtube or any other video player on an already open tab not working, messages/facetime not opening and apps failing to respond when opened, all of these things are fixed after a restart but it is just getting annoying having to restart the computer every time I want to watch a video, this is a strange problem and I'm wondering if anyone is having similar problems, or it is a result of something that I haven't installed properly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sorry, I meant AppleALC. When I uninstalled AppleALC, everyone goes normal. Is your AppleALC the latest one? Also with CodecCommander, did you use an SSDT with it?
I have the latest AppleALC installed. I use a custom CodecCommander that I modified. I'll attach my files below, try them out and see if that works for you.

Attachments

• Fixes.zip
    998.3 KB · Views: 94
Hey, I've got a strange problem and it only happens when the computer enters sleep mode, the things that are happening are: chrome opening but being just a grey box, youtube or any other video player on an already open tab not working, messages/facetime not opening and apps failing to respond when opened, all of these things are fixed after a restart but it is just getting annoying having to restart the computer every time I want to watch a video, this is a strange problem and I'm wondering if anyone is having similar problems, or it is a result of something that I haven't installed properly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Provide EFI partition and list of kexts under L/E

Back