Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Here is EFI as well as the list of kexts in L/E, on another note do you know how to get the microphone to work while headphones are plugged in? This is a weird problem, booting up the computer is fine but its when I close the lid everything stops working. I appreciate the help

ACPIBatterManager.Kext
AppleALC. Kext
Applebacklightfixup.Kext
Apple backlight injector. Kext
Apple ps2smart touchpad.kext
brcm firmware repo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander kext
FakePCIID_broadcom_Wi-Fi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
Sinetek-rstx.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.Kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.5 MB · Views: 193
Whatv
Here is EFI as well as the list of kexts in L/E, on another note do you know how to get the microphone to work while headphones are plugged in? This is a weird problem, booting up the computer is fine but its when I close the lid everything stops working. I appreciate the help

ACPIBatterManager.Kext
AppleALC. Kext
Applebacklightfixup.Kext
Apple backlight injector. Kext
Apple ps2smart touchpad.kext
brcm firmware repo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander kext
FakePCIID_broadcom_Wi-Fi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
Sinetek-rstx.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.Kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

What is your bios version?
Were these problems from the start or just popped up?

Here is a suggestion.
Go to Windows
Mount your efi partition by assigning it a letter by a program like MiniTool Partition Wizard or by cmd or else
Download Explorer++
Go to your efi partition
Copy your clover folder and paste it somewhere safe (like desktop), and then delete it from the efi partition
Now copy the clover folder shubham 17 posted a few pages back to the efi partition.
Check if your problems are fixed.
If not you can always go back to your own clover folder.

Everything works fine for me (including microphone) and I am using that clover folder. Just change your serial number etc in symbios to get apple id working.

Whatv

What is your bios version?
Were these problems from the start or just popped up?

Here is a suggestion.
Go to Windows
Mount your efi partition by assigning it a letter by a program like MiniTool Partition Wizard or by cmd or else
Download Explorer++
Go to your efi partition
Copy your clover folder and paste it somewhere safe (like desktop), and then delete it from the efi partition
Now copy the clover folder shubham 17 posted a few pages back to the efi partition.
Check if your problems are fixed.
If not you can always go back to your own clover folder.

Everything works fine for me (including microphone) and I am using that clover folder. Just change your serial number etc in symbios to get apple id working.
That will work, but do not use windows to do so. When you deal with kext files and such in windows it can cause problems. (It did for me). Instead from macOS, put your efi partition onto a usb drive as a backup, then replace it with the one attached to this post. Additionally, delete the kexts you have installed in L/E and install the ones below using kextbeast. Then run sudo kextcache -i / in terminal.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 84
  • system Kexts.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
That will work, but do not use windows to do so. When you deal with kext files and such in windows it can cause problems. (It did for me). Instead from macOS, put your efi partition onto a usb drive as a backup, then replace it with the one attached to this post. Additionally, delete the kexts you have installed in L/E and install the ones below using kextbeast. Even if you have the same ones in L/E do it as the versions will matter. Then run sudo kextcache -i / in terminal.

awesome! thanks, do you know any way to get the microphone to work while you have headphones in? it works when i unplug them but doesn't work when I plug them in, do you know of any fixes for this?

awesome! thanks, do you know any way to get the microphone to work while you have headphones in? it works when i unplug them but doesn't work when I plug them in, do you know of any fixes for this?

When your headphones are plugged in go to SystemPreferences/Sound/Input and select your headphones if they are listed, and if not just select internal microphone.

I have but when I select the internal microphone nothing happens, when I plug in the headphones is blank and not moving but when I unplug them the internal mic works fine.

Hey, guys, I am working on installing a new 10.14.6 on my 7559. However, I got stuck at very beginning. On bios 1.3.1 and 1.2.9, it kept showing me start initdevicetree. On 1.2.2, it didn't get stuck, but I got a black screen at the end. I followed the instruction very carefully, is anyone who can help me with that? Thank you very much!

BTW, my screen is UHD.

Hey, guys, I am working on installing a new 10.14.6 on my 7559. However, I got stuck at very beginning. On bios 1.3.1 and 1.2.9, it kept showing me start initdevicetree. On 1.2.2, it didn't get stuck, but I got a black screen at the end. I followed the instruction very carefully, is anyone who can help me with that? Thank you very much!

BTW, my screen is UHD.

Do you have the -cdfon startup switch in Clover? Also, my 7559 with 1.2.9 almost always hangs at a black screen on a cold start (when started with verbose mode I see it's stuck at the same "Start initdevicetree" message), but I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and it starts properly.

BTW, my screen is UHD.
Attach your EFI folder.

Back