Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that was a noob mistake with multibeast, but my 3,4,5,6,7 try was with clover bootloader.
with clover bootloader i am going with custom install, UEFI, Drivers64UEFI-> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, RC script on target volume, thats it !

Question RehabMan, should I add or remove anything in the clover installation ? and thanks View attachment 328386 for all your hard work.
as per guide, use Rehabmans' clover and don't use OsxAptioFix2 use Aptiomemoryfix

again a noob question guys,

1) Is the config.plist ( in HDD/SSD ) is same on every Dell Inspiron 15 7559,Clover UEFI, i7 6700, 1080P, Intel HD 530, nVidia 960M ???
2) same question with the DSDT ?

again a noob question guys,

1) Is the config.plist ( in HDD/SSD ) is same on every Dell Inspiron 15 7559,Clover UEFI, i7 6700, 1080P, Intel HD 530, nVidia 960M ???

You will likely want to customize config.plist/SMBIOS for unique serial#/board#.

2) same question with the DSDT ?

You need to extract, then patch your own DSDT.

You will likely want to customize config.plist/SMBIOS for unique serial#/board#.

You need to extract, then patch your own DSDT.

customizing the config.plist/SMBIOS for unique serial#/board#, should it be done post installation ? I dont see how I can do it pre, unless I do it while creating the bootable usb, chose SMBIOS->drop down menu->MacbBookPro 11.2.
please correct me, thanks for your patience and help.

Last edited:
customizing the config.plist/SMBIOS for unique serial#/board#, should it be done post installation ? I dont see how I can do it pre, unless I do it while creating the bootable usb, chose SMBIOS->drop down menu->MacbBookPro 11.2.
please correct me, thanks for your patience and help.

When you wrote "the config.plist" you did not mention you were referring to pre-install config.plist.
No need to customize these things in pre-install.
No need for patched ACPI for the installer either.

When you wrote "the config.plist" you did not mention you were referring to pre-install config.plist.
No need to customize these things in pre-install.
No need for patched ACPI for the installer either.
Thank you so much.

Success, finally, RehabMan you are the man.

as of right now, display, battery, wifi, keyboard all working.
Bluetooth not working, I have to dig in to figure that out.
Odd thing Is sound, I patched my dsdt with RehabMan's laptop patches, audio- layout-3 than 3 to 13, but no luck.
Does anyone know how many Layout need to be changed for the audio ?
Another funny thing before applying the fvco patch my Bluetooth was working
Any thoughts RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back