Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still the best guide to follow for this laptop since the guide is a couple of years old now? Just want to check before I start! My BIOS version is 1.2.7 though.

Is this still the best guide to follow for this laptop since the guide is a couple of years old now? Just want to check before I start! My BIOS version is 1.2.7 though.
as my 10.13.2 fresh installation on i5,the necessary setting for start installation still work.In post-install ,some dsdt patch was outdated,such backlight control.By the way,I suggest you downgrade BIOS version before start install,you can upgrade again after installation finish.

Hey guys just want to let you know a workaround that i discovered! If your speakers are working but you're having crackly audio through the headphone jack, you can buy a USB to headphone jack adapter and the audio works clearly and perfectly. Its not as ideal as having it work natively, but its cheap and effective.

Hello Guys, I know that I am late at this party, anyway
I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my Dell Inspiron 15 7559, the laptop boots fine with the usb, I tried the unibeast -> Multibeast, unibeast-> clover,, but no matter what i do, whatever boot loader i choose, I get stuck here, I tried it 7 time so far, every other usb port, multiple usb drive, see picture please and please advise. thanks.
IMG_20180428_032837.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Guys, I know that I am late at this party, anyway
I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my Dell Inspiron 15 7559, the laptop boots fine with the usb, I tried the unibeast -> Multibeast, unibeast-> clover,, but no matter what i do, whatever boot loader i choose, I get stuck here, I tried it 7 time so far, every other usb port, multiple usb drive, see picture please and please advise. thanks.View attachment 328381

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks RehabMan for the quick response, followed your guide.
So I started with Unibeast method, macOS Sierra boots, disk utility, nvme 500gb ssd, installation goes smoothly, I can connect to the net, about this mac shows macbookpro 11.2, correct cpu, memory, intel hd 530 graphics, all good.
Internet works,
Blutooth works,
Wifi doesnot work,

I proceed to install the bootloader with Multibeast, UEFI, realtek 8xxx, intel 5xx, intel fixup, fakeSMC, macbookpro 11.2, clover with UEFI, restart system with with out USB and I am stuck at the above mentioned screen with a (/)

I also tried your meathod with createinstallmedia, clover but with same result.
I have my windows HDD connected,
I used other usb drives, switched usb ports.
I will attach "problem reporting " files ASAP.

Thanks RehabMan for the quick response, followed your guide.
So I started with Unibeast method, macOS Sierra boots, disk utility, nvme 500gb ssd, installation goes smoothly, I can connect to the net, about this mac shows macbookpro 11.2, correct cpu, memory, intel hd 530 graphics, all good.
Internet works,
Blutooth works,
Wifi doesnot work,

I proceed to install the bootloader with Multibeast, UEFI, realtek 8xxx, intel 5xx, intel fixup, fakeSMC, macbookpro 11.2, clover with UEFI, restart system with with out USB and I am stuck at the above mentioned screen with a (/)

I also tried your meathod with createinstallmedia, clover but with same result.
I have my windows HDD connected,
I used other usb drives, switched usb ports.
I will attach "problem reporting " files ASAP.

We don't use Multibeast with laptops.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

yes, that was a noob mistake with multibeast, but my 3,4,5,6,7 try was with clover bootloader.
with clover bootloader i am going with custom install, UEFI, Drivers64UEFI-> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, RC script on target volume, thats it !

Question RehabMan, should I add or remove anything in the clover installation ? and thanks
cloverinstalloptions.png
for all your hard work.

Last edited:
yes, that was a noob mistake with multibeast, but my 3,4,5,6,7 try was with clover bootloader.
with clover bootloader i am going with custom install, UEFI, Drivers64UEFI-> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, RC script on target volume, thats it !

Question RehabMan, should I add or remove anything in the clover installation ? and thanks View attachment 328386 for all your hard work.

The guide does not recommend OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Read it carefully:

Don't forget other important Clover configuration (config.plist, other drivers64UEFI content, kexts/Other, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back