Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    457.7 KB · Views: 118
Hello, guys. It's me again :) I get stuck back on audio.
I used this guide https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC to made my sound work, but no idea what is wrong.
I put AppleALC.kext at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/, but when I ran sudo kextstat it seems it is not there.

I ran aida64 at windows and it says this should be Realtek ALC256, so I changed the layout id to 13. Thank you.
PS. I also tried to use this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unistall-voodoohda-2-8-6.141898/ to remove VoodooHDA.kext, but
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / tell it is still there - where?

I also found I'm unable to update to Siera, here is the screenshot
View attachment 233500

Try removing FixHDA_8000 and FixHPET_0010 from your config.plist.
Also, you have the _OSI->XOSI patch but no SSDT-XOSI.aml (big mistake).

Hello, @RehabMan. I removed FIXHDA_8000, FIXHPET_0010 from config and rebooted. I also removed XOSI patch from patch list and it doesn't help me with sound. Should it be helpful to let me install Siera? Thank you.

Hello, @RehabMan. I removed FIXHDA_8000, FIXHPET_0010 from config and rebooted. I also removed XOSI patch from patch list and it doesn't help me with sound. Should it be helpful to let me install Siera? Thank you.

Note also that you claim you need layout 13, but you're injecting 3.

Note also that you claim you need layout 13, but you're injecting 3.
Screenshot at Feb 02 22-55-08.png

Am I doing something wrong?

The DSDT you provided in post #759 is injecting layout-id=3. ACPI injection via _DSM overrides Clover EFI injection.
Hello, @RehabMan . Thank you sooooo muuuuch! You pointed me the place where I should make required changes! Once again, thank you for all your time you helped me!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 12.16.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 12.16.50.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 112
@RehabMan there is only one concern - how can I update to Siera. It is not critical now, but near the autumn I guess I would get no possibilities to update to next macOS. I tried the method described in above - direct install and failed. I created new bootable usb drive using unibeast 7 and still failed. The main problem is that instalator of Siera at the moment of drive selection do not see any hard drive (i tried with empty drive without any partition info and also tried with ssd, which contains my El Captain OS). Thank you.

@RehabMan there is only one concern - how can I update to Siera. It is not critical now, but near the autumn I guess I would get no possibilities to update to next macOS. I tried the method described in above - direct install and failed. I created new bootable usb drive using unibeast 7 and still failed. The main problem is that instalator of Siera at the moment of drive selection do not see any hard drive (i tried with empty drive without any partition info and also tried with ssd, which contains my El Captain OS). Thank you.

If your system is configured properly, you should be able to update directly from the App Store...

Well I thought I was all set to give it a go today. But it looks like I ordered the incorrect Wi-Fi card. I ordered:
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card.
But it appears I have a different size in mine:
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Model:3165NGW.
Instead of a Mini PCI-E I need a M.2
Before I go out and return and order another, does anyone have an Amazon link to one I can order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back