Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the guide, my laptop(Inspiron 7559 16GB + m.2 ssd) is almost 100% working,
the only thing that is not is the webcam, any clue?

I followed the guide, my laptop(Inspiron 7559 16GB + m.2 ssd) is almost 100% working,
the only thing that is not is the webcam, any clue?

Does it show in System Information -> USB?

Just finished reading all 79 pages of posts over the last two days. RehabMan, you have the patience of Job. My profile is out of date, as I do not have any current hackintosh builds.

I am getting ready to open up my wallet to buy the gear required for this build, but have a few questions, if you will indulge me.

1) I know forums like this focus on solving issues with a given build, but it is hard to get a sense if there are a good number of folks who are happy with it for everyday use. I plan to swap out the ODD to add a 2nd drive to dual boot Windows 10 so that I can use this machine as my daily work (Windows required) and everything else (Mac) machine. Have ppl found this to be a nice stable machine?

2) I plan on buying this i7 model from Amazon and installing the other 8GB stick. Not sure what value the 8GB SSD adds tho...

3) I plan on swapping the ODD for an SSD as described in post #2. Will this adapter work? Do I need the 9.5mm or the 12.7mm version?

4) BCM94352Z - This the right one? No issues w AliExpress these days?

5) Need to run a 2nd monitor. Anyone had success extending desktop via HDMI to external monitor from OSX?

6) Will use iMovie a fair amount to edit/splice video. This machine up to it?

Thanks very much for any insight. I plan to follow the guides to the letter and look for answers in the thread BEFORE I ask questions!

Just finished reading all 79 pages of posts over the last two days. RehabMan, you have the patience of Job. My profile is out of date, as I do not have any current hackintosh builds.

I am getting ready to open up my wallet to buy the gear required for this build, but have a few questions, if you will indulge me.

1) I know forums like this focus on solving issues with a given build, but it is hard to get a sense if there are a good number of folks who are happy with it for everyday use. I plan to swap out the ODD to add a 2nd drive to dual boot Windows 10 so that I can use this machine as my daily work (Windows required) and everything else (Mac) machine. Have ppl found this to be a nice stable machine?

2) I plan on buying this i7 model from Amazon and installing the other 8GB stick. Not sure what value the 8GB SSD adds tho...

3) I plan on swapping the ODD for an SSD as described in post #2. Will this adapter work? Do I need the 9.5mm or the 12.7mm version?

4) BCM94352Z - This the right one? No issues w AliExpress these days?

5) Need to run a 2nd monitor. Anyone had success extending desktop via HDMI to external monitor from OSX?

6) Will use iMovie a fair amount to edit/splice video. This machine up to it?

Thanks very much for any insight. I plan to follow the guides to the letter and look for answers in the thread BEFORE I ask questions!
1) everyday use is excellent. I use this laptop in university running macOS (better productivity etc). At home, i run Windows 10 when i want to game (dual boot on a 256GB SSD).

2) The 8GB SSD looks like a joke to me but nonetheless it remains a nice purchase. You can always buy another one and install it yourself.

3) I kept the 1TB HDD for storage. i have no experience swapping that one for a SSD.

4) I bought this one. No negative experience at all with AliExpress.

5) HDMI connects with no big problems. I don't have HDMI audio because you have to implement it but i don't need it.

6) This laptop performs excellent on both Windows 10 and macOS. The processor speed is really good.

Good luck!

Thanks dodvip123.

So, you dual boot to a 256 GB SSD and use the 1TB for shared storage for both OS. One partition for each, or no? Did you use this guide?

I built a Hackintosh desk top back in 2011 but have not done anything since. When I was done I remember thinking how much easier it would have been "if I knew then what I know now" and how much less hair pulling frustration figuring things out and asking stupid questions to the forum.

Now that the wounds I'm sure you incurred during your build have healed, any tips/tricks/warnings to share?

Thanks so very much.

Thanks dodvip123.

So, you dual boot to a 256 GB SSD and use the 1TB for shared storage for both OS. One partition for each, or no? Did you use this guide?

I built a Hackintosh desk top back in 2011 but have not done anything since. When I was done I remember thinking how much easier it would have been "if I knew then what I know now" and how much less hair pulling frustration figuring things out and asking stupid questions to the forum.

Now that the wounds I'm sure you incurred during your build have healed, any tips/tricks/warnings to share?

Thanks so very much.
Hi

Yes, my macOS and Windows 10 partitions are both on the SSD. I will give you the easy steps how to do it.
1) when first booting the macOS installer USB wipe your SSD in the GUID partition table. Next partition the SSD in two (equal) partitions, both macOS extended (journaled).
2) Follow this guide to complete the macOS part.
3) boot a Windows installer USB and in the setup screen choose custom install and delete the last partition (the one you have not installed macOS on).
4) choose to install on that partition and complete the installation of Windows 10.
5) in your BIOS choose Clover as your first boot option.

That guide you linked is based on this one.

Tips: if something does not work, do not give up immediately. You learn easily when you are able to fix things by yourself. If something really is too difficult or too tricky, don't hesitate and ask for help on this forum (best to open a new thread). I've been helped countless times by RehabMan and others.

Thanks again.

Does the 4k screen add too much of a hassle factor? This one at the MS store seems like a nice price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back