Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post bios settings. Did you boot without the battery charger attached?
Sure i disconnected everything except usb drive, i tried it multiple times on every usb port, with and without hdd connected and also with HFSPlus.efi and with VBoxHfs-64.efi and also putting ram in another slot. it's 16gb 2.0 usb flashdrive, i don't think its the reason for not booting to the installer.

In this case, CodecCommander enables audio through headphones. Nothing else
Okay. I'll do all the stuff anyways. I just bumped into another issue. I lose Internet connection after waking from sleep. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Sure i disconnected everything except usb drive, i tried it multiple times on every usb port, with and without hdd connected and also with HFSPlus.efi and with VBoxHfs-64.efi and also putting ram in another slot. it's 16gb 2.0 usb flashdrive, i don't think its the reason for not booting to the installer.

Do you have bios version 1.1.5?

If you haven't touched AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ after installation you're good to go.

1. Make sure you have correct ACPI edits (layout-id, IRQ fix, HDAS->HDEF) and the correct AppleHDA Kernel and Kext patches in your config.plist (example in config.plist from package post #1)
2. Delete AppleHDA_ALC256.kext and CodecCommander (if you have it installed) in /System/Library/Extensions/ or /Library/Extensions/
3. Reboot
4. Reinstall AppleHDA_ALC256.kext and CodecCommander from package post #1 with KextBeast
5. Reboot without caches (press space in Clover menu while OS X drive is highlighted)
6. Rebuild cache, terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
7. Reboot normally and check Sound in Preferences
I'm only supposed to do the HDAS>HDEF stuff in DSDT.dsl right?

I'm only supposed to do the HDAS>HDEF stuff in DSDT.dsl right?
Yes, renaming HDAS to HDEF and the other patches mentioned before saving as DSDT.aml.

Do you have bios version 1.1.5?
yes it's version 1.1.5
img_4635-jpg.194406

settings:
img_4636-jpg.194407

img_4637-jpg.194408

img_4638-jpg.194409

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, renaming HDAS to HDEF and the other patches mentioned before saving as DSDT.aml.
Yeah, I did that don't worry. But when executing the command mentioned by you and before, I don't see applehda mentioned anywhere...

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

OUTPUT::
Last login: Sun May 15 12:49:00 on console

Geerts-Air:~ geert$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss

or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your

typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Geerts-Air:~ geert$ cd ~/Desktop

Geerts-Air:Desktop geert$ pbpaste>out.txt

Geerts-Air:Desktop geert$

My bios is the same as this guy's.
thanks for verifying. what about efi folder? could you share one you used for booting with usb?

Yeah, I did that don't worry. But when executing the command mentioned by you and before, I don't see applehda mentioned anywhere...

"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"

OUTPUT::
Last login: Sun May 15 12:49:00 on console

Geerts-Air:~ geert$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss

or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your

typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_SKL_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Geerts-Air:~ geert$ cd ~/Desktop

Geerts-Air:Desktop geert$ pbpaste>out.txt

Geerts-Air:Desktop geert$
Maybe there is something wrong in my EFI folder?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back