Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 3543 - macOS 10.14.X - Broadwell (i3-5005u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed the wireless mouse receiver and this happens,

When open lid, HDD doesnt start but CPU fan emits heat and usb ports have power and screen is black, its on shows black color
The backlit screen turns on correct but no video output. This is exactly what i experienced with mine. The system itself is on but no video output is being projected

The backlit screen turns on correct but no video output. This is exactly what i experienced with mine. The system itself is on but no video output is being projected
I plugged in a external monitor through HDMI, but the monitor didn't get any signal.

Removed darkwake=0 to default, and happens the above mentioned except now screen is not black color

I plugged in a external monitor through HDMI, but the monitor didn't get any signal.

Removed darkwake=0 to default, and happens the above mentioned except now screen is not black color
What color is it?

Its off, nothing is lit.
And I tried darkwake=no, same result
I tried all the darkwakes and concluded it does not help with the black screen after sleep.

From the 10.12.4 update, this broke certain kexts for display brightness (IntelBacklight and ACPIBacklight) also affecting sleep, I have looked into what changed but found no real changes in BDWGraphicsFramebuffer and BDWGraphics kexts. I concluded it is within either the Kernel or the EDID (resulting in why an 1920x1080 upgrade fixes it) The strange aspect ratio of 1366x768 probably causes this too.

I tried all the darkwakes and concluded it does not help with the black screen after sleep.

From the 10.12.4 update, this broke certain kexts for display brightness (IntelBacklight and ACPIBacklight) also affecting sleep, I have looked into what changed but found no real changes in BDWGraphicsFramebuffer and BDWGraphics kexts. I concluded it is within either the Kernel or the EDID (resulting in why an 1920x1080 upgrade fixes it) The strange aspect ratio of 1366x768 probably causes this too.

Okay this is a bit strange, followed this and deleted the power management plists
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/

Having darkwake=0
And now the issue seems to be not there, Sleep/wake is working for now. the tests were same as the ones i did earlier.

I had disabled powernap and wake for network access in settings earlier. They are all changed to default after deleting the plists I guess. The plists are regenerated

I will continue testing

Okay this is a bit strange, followed this and deleted the power management plists
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/

Having darkwake=0
And now the issue seems to be not there, Sleep/wake is working for now. the tests were same as the ones i did earlier.

I had disabled powernap and wake for network access in settings earlier. They are all changed to default after deleting the plists I guess. The plists are regenerated

I will continue testing
This was a desktop thread but glad it worked, Im confused however how this will change the sleep/wake function

This was a desktop thread but glad it worked, Im confused however how this will change the sleep/wake function

I've being testing in various ways, both plugged in and in battery
1. opening apps and closing the lid (to see if it sleeps when running in background tasks)
2. Put into Sleep as soon as it is logged in after boot
3. While Playing YouTube video and putting into sleep

I'm not sure whether its 100% fixed, but sleep/wake is now working.
If possible can you check with your old screen, whether the issue is fixed ? :)

I've being testing in various ways, both plugged in and in battery
1. opening apps and closing the lid (to see if it sleeps when running in background tasks)
2. Put into Sleep as soon as it is logged in after boot
3. While Playing YouTube video and putting into sleep

I'm not sure whether its 100% fixed, but sleep/wake is now working.
If possible can you check with your old screen, whether the issue is fixed ? :)
Have you put it to sleep for more than 4 hours, if so what was the battery percent before and after?

Have you put it to sleep for more than 4 hours, if so what was the battery percent before and after?

The battery drain is high, 7 hrs of sleep 10 - 14% battery drop, I put it to sleep with apps minimized with
chrome 5 tabs,
MS Word,
activity monitor

I added the rtle8100kext for Ethernet.

Does your laptop fully shutdown ? When I shutdown, it goes into shutting down mode, but still the USB port have current. Do I need to use usbinjectall kext? Or fixshutdown in clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back