Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 3543 - macOS 10.14.X - Broadwell (i3-5005u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like everything's working now
I didn't run the disable hibernate command. So for now sleep/wake is working. Have you tested this before?
For me it is, you have stock screen correct? When i tested it on that it did not work

For me it is, you have stock screen correct? When i tested it on that it did not work
Yes stock screen.
But I was too early for a conclusion, only 80% of the time sleep/wake works. It enters sleep and never wakes up, the USB ports have the power but the HDD won't start nor the cpu fans

How much is your battery drain during sleep?

Last edited:
Yes stock screen.
But I was too early for a conclusion, only 80% of the time sleep/wake works. It enters sleep and never wakes up, the USB ports have the power but the HDD won't start nor the cpu fans

How much is your battery drain during sleep?
What do you mean 80% of the time? For stock screens, you should be able to sleep once, wake up, then sleep again and it will not work.

Also battery drain is 1% every 3 hours

What do you mean 80% of the time? For stock screens, you should be able to sleep once, wake up, then sleep again and it will not work.

Also battery drain is 1% every 3 hours

I didn't notice that pattern, mines random.
Did you have a touchscreen in stock ? Is there a possibility sleep/wake is caused by touchscreen?

Last edited:
I didn't notice that pattern, mines random.
Did you have a touchscreen in stock ? Is there a possibility sleep/wake is caused by touchscreen?
Possibly, never thought to disable it. But my new 1920x1080 screen is touchscreen as well and the sleep problem completely goes away, Ive put my laptop to sleep/wake for over 500 times, never once did it black screen

Possibly, never thought to disable it. But my new 1920x1080 screen is touchscreen as well and the sleep problem completely goes away, Ive put my laptop to sleep/wake for over 500 times, never once did it black screen

By black screen you mean
1. When open lid, hdd, and CPU starts running but screen doesn't wake?
2. When open lid, HDD or CPU doesn't start or screen doesnt light up or anything, but USB ports have current ?

By black screen you mean
1. When open lid, hdd, and CPU starts running but screen doesn't wake?
2. When open lid, HDD or CPU doesn't start or screen doesnt light up or anything, but USB ports have current ?
The first one used to occur all the time

The second one happens because USB Pwr patch in DSDT is not applied, once applied only fan, hdd and cpu are on but screen is off

The first one used to occur all the time

The second one happens because USB Pwr patch in DSDT is not applied, once applied only fan, hdd and cpu are on but screen is off

For me the second happens even with the patch you mentioned usb _prw(0x6d). Should I use _prw 0x0d patch?

Is it because of my wireless card AR9285? Or I have connected a wireless mouse receiver?

For me the second happens even with the patch you mentioned usb _prw(0x6d). Should I use _prw 0x0d patch?

Is it because of my wireless card AR9285? Or I have connected a wireless mouse receiver?
It may be the wireless mouse reciver, try removing it and use the trackpad to check if it still does it.

It may be the wireless mouse reciver, try removing it and use the trackpad to check if it still does it.

Removed the wireless mouse receiver and this happens,

When open lid, HDD doesnt start but CPU fan emits heat and usb ports have power and screen is black, its on shows black color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back