Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 (Sandy Bridge) - Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
matthew1111xbx said:
Haha yeah I'm running Lion 10.7.2 everything (including wifi) is working except boot from HD and ethernet.

Ethernet's not a big problem (wifi ftw) but I would love boot from HD to work. How did you get yours to work?

Hi Mtthew, i'm also using the same confi, request you to share the DSDT......thanks in advance

Rgds
Venkat

Re: Kernel Panic on boot or Grey Screen with spinning wheel

coolindian2 said:
Tried following the guide for the install and did it all the steps, but when i reboot to get into lion install on the internal harddrive, all i get is kernel panic errors or just an apple screen with spinning wheel.
I have an core i3 processor with 4gb ram, dell inspiron 14-n4110( dell inspiron 14rn-1227bk)

Any insights would be helpful

Same problem here. Except i5, 6GB RAM...keeps telling me OS not yet found (or something along those lines).

Any thoughts? I can boot to the Hard drive or external with rBoot and snow leopard on the external with iBoot...but it sits on the spinner or booting verbose it says OS not found if I don't boot with the CDs.

Try to copy "boot" file from Unibeast to your hdd. It seams that wd hdds have some issues!

I'm not sure what you mean. Install like the Unibeast portion to the internal HD? I tried installing just that and booting and it immediately popped up the black screen saying restart immediately.

I have an external WD hard drive, but the internal is a 120 GB SanDisk SSD. Not sure if that's related to your WD hdd issue or not.

i got dell 14z laptop (which the specs isn't that different from 14r)

i'm asking you how you manage to activate your integrated camera? and card reader?
did you somehow manage to do it using dsdt edit?

i got everything works in my dell laptop except for wifi, camera , and card reader

please any help will be highly regarded
cheers

notywtr said:
Intro:
This is a guide to install Lion (OSX 10.7) on the Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 using the Retail OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive. It's what worked for me. It's not the most elegant method, and there are many other ways to accomplish the same thing. I'd love to hear them.

Thanks so much for this guide!

Just installed 10.7 and updated to 10.7.3 on my 14R N4110 Core i3. It did take a few nights of head scratching on some things, but finally it works!

I did have an existing Windows 7 installation, but couldn't figure out how to do this with it already installed, so I went with a fresh install on the first partition and will reinstall Windows 7 later.

There were some things I did differently because of some issues I had when following your directions.

Thankfully, I have a Dell Mini 10v running 10.6.7 and this helped me tremendously. In doing the xMove portion, I plugged the USB drive into my Mini, opened up the InstallESD.dmg file and ran xMove using the Retail App option to get it onto the USB drive. When ever I tried to do this from a thumbdrive, it would fail for some reason.

I also had to install Chimera in the MultiBeast options and then do the Terminal work on the boot1h file. It should also be noted that the version of MultiBeast you use is no longer available on the link. I had to track it down in order to get the options you refer to.

Ended up using VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and edited the info.plist to enter the correct DeviceID. Still had noise, but turned down input volume for "Pink" and that seemed to work... and it seems to remember to do that on startup, which is good.

Got eSATA working using the 3rd Party eSATA kext. And the other USB ports working with the kext from MultiBeast 4.5.1.

But, for the most part, I followed your guide. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back