Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 (Sandy Bridge) - Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't be having problems getting to the install screen. It may be because of your hard drive having Windows on another partition, meaning it is MBR formatted. This shouldn't matter for the boot CD, but I would suggest backing up your windows partition, and completely wiping the drive...You may screw up later and need the back up of windows anyway. I've needed to install windows twice - and right now windows bootmgr isn't working so I'm prob gonna back up my computer's whole HD and re-install everything on an MBR partition to get boot working...

Thank you Matthew, I appreciate your comments.

Remember that Snow Leopard is installed on an external drive, and I am able to boot to that using iBoot. I'm unable to boot to the Lion Installer that is on the same external drive, on a different partition and using nBoot.

I have been looking at the error message a little more and think that I might need to learn more about kexts and how the installer loads them and the relation to /System/Library/Extensions.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.
Z

Yeah sorry I can't think of anything else. I don't know a lot about all this, I'm going off personal experience :)

Hi, I having lots of KP anybody have the DSDT file? if so i really appreciate if they upload it or post a link here thanks.

andycorleone said:
Hi, I having lots of KP anybody have the DSDT file? if so i really appreciate if they upload it or post a link here thanks.

Here you go friend. I got this patched by Mald0n back when in the day.
I never really used it since this tutorial doesnt call for it so Im not at
all sure if it works or not. Good luck!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    38.4 KB · Views: 123
Just wondering how to update to 10.7.2. Ive been stuck at 10.7 because Ive been scared to break the installation. Do I just install the Combo update and do i have to use multibeast again? will i lose and functionality?

vicious_killa24 said:
andycorleone said:

Here you go friend. I got this patched by Mald0n back when in the day.
I never really used it since this tutorial doesnt call for it so Im not at
all sure if it works or not. Good luck!

thank you sir

hi guys is it necessary to buy snow leopard to get acess to lion ????
right now i don't know how to start ??
1.start with snow leopard (purchasing)....
2.start with lion(purchasing)..................from app store.
i can acess mac book pro of my friend which he bought a month ago.
if i want to buy snow leopard then obviously i want to buy lion for upgradation.
please clarify this context .
is there no way that i can only buy lion and prepare for installation.????????

:banghead:
dell inspiron 14r(n4110)
i5 2410 (2.3-2.9ghz)
4gbram.
integrated intel hd graphics.

I had created my lion usb through unibeast method.
but during initialization it shows .
SHUT DOWN/RESTART ----HOW TO FIX THIS ???
using lion 7.0.0 & unibeast method.
:banghead:

A06 bios
intel i5-2410
4gb ram
dell inspiron 14r
integrated graphics..
is this becaause of kernell panic??
if so how to ????

First of all: nice, well written guide. Your work is appreciated.

Just got my wireless card replacement but it seems a complete disassembly is needed. Any advice on how to achieve this safely ?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back