Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem solved ! I just had to download the EFI in the op haha. I've noticed that the Bluetooth works even tho I didn't change my wifi adapter, but the wifi doesn't work. is there a way to make it functional or it not supported at all?

Problem solved ! I just had to download the EFI in the op haha. I've noticed that the Bluetooth works even tho I didn't change my wifi adapter, but the wifi doesn't work. is there a way to make it functional or it not supported at all?
intel wifi is not supported, sorry

10.14.5 updated ok? EFI folder, please.

Can someone let me know their bios configuration for their dell 5379.
I am loading mojave 10.14.4 and using the efi from post 24.
It boots up, gets to the ui to select the drive to put the installer. It gets nearly all the way and with ~2 minutes eta left the screen goes blank.
I left it for 30+ minutes from her just in case it was still running.
When rebooted there is a Mac OS drive but it wont boot, eventually goes to a screen saying installing Mac OS but gets stuck.
*i think it may be something with my bios setup, secure boot is disabled, all virt options are disabled, drive is set to ahci.
Also should I be using the usb flash drive on the usb 2.0 or 3.0 port, or does it matter?

Also if anyone has a newer efi please let me know!

Really wanted to get this setup to save me from buying a real mac.
Thank you!!

Also should I be using the usb flash drive on the usb 2.0 or 3.0 port, or does it matter?
Hi, I think usb 2.0 is the good practice for booting the installer

Also if anyone has a newer efi please let me know!
Here is my updated EFI folder - working with 10.14.6
Main updates from post 24 :
- clover 5033 with latest kexts versions (some of my kexts are installed in L/E - check the kextcache output)
- WEG settings for making UHD 620 work when connecting a HDMI display (no more need to spoof the Skylake id)
- added a patch for loading AppleACPIACAdapter
- swap to a performance oriented CPUFriendDataProvider.kext (testing is underway to check the battery duration impact)

Attachments

• debug_2470.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Awesome, thank you! With your EFI I should be able to get it working.

My AppleIntelinfo output indicates : "HWP supported and enable"
IA32_PM_ENABLE...................(0x770) : 0x1 (HWP Supported and Enabed)
det
Was thinking this is because I have HWP enabled with clover
But whether the clover option is enabled or not I get the same AppleIntelinfo output
Was also thinking this is because of my bios setting, but whether I check or not the bios "intel speed shift option" i get the same output

What is actually in charge of enabling HWP ? Is it macOS native ?
EDIT : the answer is actually quite simple : SMBIOS choice makes HWP is enabled/disabled...

Attachments

• AppleinfoOutpout.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Thank you guys for this wonderful support page.
Screenshot 2019-09-15 at 8.15.03 PM.png

I have Mojave 10.14.6 working and I would like to share EFI with anyone who would like to update. I just switch from a Asus that was running 10.14.6. All I did was update the Clover folder.

Big thanks to @favoriti for his updated folder. and shout out to @dmitry_matora for starting this all.

Attachments

• CLOVER 10.14.6.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 288
Mojave works only with 1.0.9 bios.
Not only, i have a .11 bios version fully working with 10.14.6
you can try to upgrade to this .11 version (released in march 2019, more recent than .9)
I still have not tried .12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back