Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.14.1 VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound I had to use AppleALC and changed my layout to 30.

Thank you very much my laptop Inspiron 13 5379 just like yours I did put every thing like you did but the only thing did not work the sound built in and the battery percentage? is there ny way you can help me with and the file was great and thank you very much again.

Thank you very much. Do anyone have updated EFI folder for Dell 13 5379?

I don;t own one, as I only have a 5378.

Thank you very much. Do anyone have updated EFI folder for Dell 13 5379?
here is mine - fully working under 10.14.3 (but 50% keyboard cold boot issues)

Attachments

• debug_24889.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 200
Any progress with your 5379 mods?
The EFI I attached with post #24 is nearly up to date (made only minor changes like kexts update)
it is also fully working under 10.14.4 (mind to update to clover 4910 before updating macos)
do not know exactly why but the keyboard cold boot issue I noted has drastically decreased since I updated to 10.14.4 (now I got keyboard working at almost every cold boot), maybe due to the new VoodooI2C.kext version !

Impressive! Congrats and thanks for responding!

Impressive! Congrats and thanks for responding!
Would said that what is impressive is how clover, Lilu, WEG, VirtualSMC and VoodooI2C make things easy to do !
I think this laptop is easy to hack because kexts worked well for its hardware providing good settings and few clover hot patches i easily found on the forum

@dmitry_matora or @favoriti

Any progress with your 5379 mods?
I'm now using USB sound card to have perfect EarPods microphone experience.
Besides that no issue worth changing anything, except horrible screen and lack of NVME compatible M2 slot.
Bought XPS 15 9560. Trying to sell 5379.

Hey guys, I'm totally new in this whole Hackintosh universe. I downloaded #21's EFI and booted Mac Os through Clover but the booting screen with the apple logo takes forever. When the loading bar is full, nothing happens. Is it a bug or am I supposed to leave it like this longer ? And do I have to activate something in clover settings ? or everything is preconfigured ? thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back