Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also got myself Dell Inspiron 13 5379, and got it running without using this guide.
I wonder if I should create another thread/guide for 5379, or if this guide covers both 5378 and 5379

Nevermind. Got it sorted now.

Also got myself Dell Inspiron 13 5379, and got it running without using this guide.
I wonder if I should create another thread/guide for 5379, or if this guide covers both 5378 and 5379

I wouldn't mind. Haven't had the chance to try again till now. Any chance of an outline as to was done?

Excellent guide! I'm running MacOS 10.12.6 on a Dell Inspiron 13 5378 i7-7500. Everything works but the touch screen and enhanced graphics. I've deployed the provided kexts in S/L/E and generated and patched the DSDT from my system. I'm not sure what I'm missing...any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Excellent guide! I'm running MacOS 10.12.6 on a Dell Inspiron 13 5378 i7-7500. Everything works but the touch screen and enhanced graphics. I've deployed the provided kexts in S/L/E and generated and patched the DSDT from my system. I'm not sure what I'm missing...any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

What do you mean by "enhanced" graphics?

debug file attached. Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_10508.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
debug file attached. Thank you!

Is your touchscreen USB or I2C? Check in Windows Device Manager.

As for your graphics, your ioreg shows it is working. What is the issue? (you didn't answer my previous question).

Sorry for the confusion. Graphics are working properly. I didn't think the resolution was adjustable but I'm all set there. Just not the touchscreen.

I'll check the touchscreen and report back.

Touchscreen is usb

Touchscreen is usb

USB touchscreens usually work when they are on USB (assuming USB configured correctly, see FAQ for links).
But not always.
And even when they do work, they are single touch only, therefore worthless. I have a working touchscreen on my Lenovo u430, but I disable the related USB port when running macOS as it is simply not useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back