Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice. I thought it would work given that krosseyed had gotten the 5378 working.

Thanks for the advice. I thought it would work given that krosseyed had gotten the 5378 working.

You two should compare notes.

Good point!

Actually, if anyone that has a 5378 with a working touchscreen and 10.12.6 I would be interested to hear what they've done. Thanks in advance all!

I'm using the framebuffer hack rather than modifying my BIOS like krosseyed. I wonder if that hack is potentially causing me the issue.

Last edited:
Heistsj, the touchscreen is working on my 5379, but I haven’t been able to boot without safe mode as yet. Still need to get the clover installed on the drive properly.

What did you do to get the touchscreen working? And, did you modify your BIOS as was recommended by krosseyed? I don't think that's the issue though.

Nothing different to what the guide says. But I haven’t been able to try getting the system to boot off the disk. I have to boot from my usb to just get into the os.

Also got myself Dell Inspiron 13 5379, and got it running without using this guide.
I wonder if I should create another thread/guide for 5379, or if this guide covers both 5378 and 5379
I'm thinking about buying this model. Does it run smoothly and with little incompatibilities?

I'm thinking about buying this model. Does it run smoothly and with little incompatibilities?
After using it for a few weeks I've discovered some issues
- I keep getting black screen on waking from lid opening
- no brightness key are working
- and external monitor waking take about 30 seconds
I'm gonna follow this guide and see if it fixes it

After using it for a few weeks I've discovered some issues
- I keep getting black screen on waking from lid opening
- no brightness key are working
- and external monitor waking take about 30 seconds
I'm gonna follow this guide and see if it fixes it

Was the install of macOS similar to this guide?

Was the install of macOS similar to this guide?
Hardware behaviour has nothing to do with the way you install macOS, it's defined by bootloader configuration, which is obviously different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back