Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no bootcamp for PCs, just dual boot.

Is bootcamp supported? I would like to have windows and Backtrack on other partition as well.

Is the battery life better than in or comparable to Windows?

Well I figured I’d post my results since last post.

I was not successful getting the audio working with the internal chip. I tried removing and patching as directed with no luck. Given how crummy this audio chip is I think I’ll stick to using Bluetooth speakers and my usb audio. Voodoo works with a weird echo audio that is useless so I’ll consider it junk.

I figure I’ll try later with mojave later but I’m good with what I have.

If anyone actually got this working with builtin audio (not using voodoo and with high sierra) I’d love to hear how, otherwise, it’s a no go with this chip.

If anyone actually got this working with builtin audio (not using voodoo and with high sierra) I’d love to hear how, otherwise, it’s a no go with this chip.

Try AppleALC.kext.

What about the battery life conpared to using windows?

No idea I don’t run windows. I get 2/3 hours or more depending on what I do.

What about the battery life conpared to using windows?

No idea I don’t run windows. I get 2/3 hours or more depending on what I do.
I get about 5 and a half Hours of web surfing battery life and 9 hours of idling with best battery life mode. Don't see a good reason to do the hack, it's a pity.

Last edited:
I use mine for software development and run Xcode with multiple simulators. It’s more intensive than web surfing do not sure it’s comparable. I’ve used it for a nice MacBook Pro 13 alternative for developing on the road. It’s very good.

It’s up to you if you decide to hack it. If what you have works that’s good. I also like using Linux as a well and find the battery life the same. Both OSes are probably less optimal for battery.

For comparison my 2017 MacBook Pro 13 is similar (it’s better of course speed and power wise.) but these laptops are not in the same class and from my experience the Dell is just slightly less powerful as the 13 but way more powerful than the MacBook and cost around $600.

I get about 5 and a half Hours of web surfing battery life and 9 hours of idling with best battery life mode. Don't see a good reason to do the hack, it's a pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back