Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok gave Mojave a try and will open a thread on that board for this laptop. Got most of the hardware working but needs some work.

Hi, I'd like to use MacOs on my dell inspiron 13 5378, actually I have a dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04. I never tried hacking, is it difficult? Is it safe or I can damage the laptop? Thank you

RehabMan is right, it’s far better to go in informed and understand a few things when dealing with a laptop. Otherwise it’s a hit or miss troubleshoot situation.

The biggest help I’ve gotton is understanding a bit more how this all works. It’s normaly possible to get something working, this laptop works well.

Take a look at the laptop guide RehabMan linked to. Also take note of the WiFi card replacement required for this to work with WiFi. Get families with what hardware you have (look in Linux or windows to see exactly.) No guarantee you laptop is like mine even the same model number.

I replaced my WiFi card with a known Bluetooth WiFi Broadcom card . I replaced the HD with a ssd and added memory.

Get familiar as much as you can with SSDT and how to compile. Get cozy with clover a bit too.

Also for me, may not be the same for you, my inbuilt audio ALC225 refuses to work in macOS (sounds terrible anyway.)

Hi, I'd like to use MacOs on my dell inspiron 13 5378, actually I have a dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04. I never tried hacking, is it difficult? Is it safe or I can damage the laptop? Thank you

THANK YOU so much for the guide!

I followed RehabMan's guide and using the Inspiron 5378 on Mojave (since public version to now 10.14.2); beside single touchscreen (pretty much useless for the touch); everything else work as it should.

There are couple odd things, for bluetooth & wifi
1. The original Intel card, bluetooth worked out of the box!
2. For bluetooth to be functioning properly (on my machine); no kext injected in S/L/E folder;

General tips from me would be carefully read all guides, make ourself familia with DSDT patched;

I'm still newbies on the hackintosh; this is my 4th laptops that I daily-use on hackintosh.

Got the sound working in Mojave using layout 33. Still sounds like an AM radio but it’s fine.

RehabMan is right, it’s far better to go in informed and understand a few things when dealing with a laptop. Otherwise it’s a hit or miss troubleshoot situation.

The biggest help I’ve gotton is understanding a bit more how this all works. It’s normaly possible to get something working, this laptop works well.

Take a look at the laptop guide RehabMan linked to. Also take note of the WiFi card replacement required for this to work with WiFi. Get families with what hardware you have (look in Linux or windows to see exactly.) No guarantee you laptop is like mine even the same model number.

I replaced my WiFi card with a known Bluetooth WiFi Broadcom card . I replaced the HD with a ssd and added memory.

Get familiar as much as you can with SSDT and how to compile. Get cozy with clover a bit too.

Also for me, may not be the same for you, my inbuilt audio ALC225 refuses to work in macOS (sounds terrible anyway.)

No it's working just a really poor quality chip it seems. It sounds just as ugly in Linux and Windows. It was total by chance I read the AppleALC github repo that supports this chip. It mentioned layout 29, 30, and 33. 33 worked for me. It works for simple noises that you hear for notifications, etc. It's "business class" after all so not much to expect.

I', going to post in the Mojave version of this thread regarding the patch problems with 10.14.2.

Did you forget to install CodecCommander.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back