Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 13 5378 (2-in-1) - MacOS 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Well, pretty much everything is working by this point, except probably power efficiency. I had battery draining from 100% to zero in about a day with lid closed. And when it's on, fan often screams loud and laptop bottom is burning, with CPU being idle. But I guess this is not as urgent as dead bluetooth. Got myself 16Gb stick and after putting it in, got 24Gb total. I think I'm gonna just relax and enjoy desktop performance experience on this tiny piece of hardware for a few weeks before pushing compatibility any further

CPU PM is already working due to config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Note: Generate/APLF Generate/APSN should be false.

isn't it disabled by Generate PStates = false?

Yes/maybe, but it is just plain confusing to set things to true that have no effect due to other settings that are false, and also you don't want to inject APLF/APSN anyway.

Still can't seem to figure out how to get the touchscreen working on my 5378. Any suggestions are welcome. The only thing I didn't do from the original post is the BIOS hack...I used the work around instead. Could that be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back