Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting and good to hear. With my Mac OS systems and this motherboard I always had a "sleep problem" (since 2013). Sleep and wake up with a short sleeping time always works perfect. After a longer time my monitor (older Cinema display) does not wake up and stays dark.
Could my BIOS settings be wrong or should I create a SSDT?
My BIOS settings are displayed in Post#1 if you'd like to compare. It won't hurt creating a power management SSDT for your system and install another for HDMI audio(post#1) even if you don't plan to use it. I've not aimed anything at fixing sleep, it just works.

Hi Wildwillow,

Thank you for the responses.

I finally have been able to provide screenshots for the SSDT issues I may be having. Please note that the SSDT screenshot shows "mac mini", while the computer set to iMac 13,2. You advice and expertise would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jack
Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 10.04.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 10.02.46 AM.png

Please note that the SSDT screenshot shows "mac mini",

Hi jhhaze, If you go into System Preferences/Sharing you will see your computer name is
MacHTPCs-Mac-mini. Thats why it is reporting Mac Mini in Terminal.

Oh my God... I've been beating myself up and getting major brain damage on this one and what a silly thing for me to overlook.

Thank you so much for ending my pain.

Kind regards...

Jack.

P.S. I completely agree with your view that if it's not broke, don't fix it... But, as a respected mod, I was wondering what you think of the following DSDT patch.

https://github.com/mrengles/Gigabyte-Z77N-WiFi-Hackintosh-DSDT

As of your most recent reply on the topic of DSDT for this system you said,

"There is no DSDT mentioned in the guide as i've not used one. Well in fact its using the native DSDT from the motherboard. They are no longer needed with non legacy BIOS. They can still be used and are used to add patches to manipulate the system to ones liking. I'm still on F2."

From what I've read, based on a post pinned to the homepage of tonymac, the DSDT is becoming more important again due to people experiencing usb 3.0 issues. My problem is that even if I wanted to insert a DSDT into my EFI folder, there are none posted on Tonymac for my motherboard and bios revision (mine is F3 and only a F2 is posted). I been looking for the guide on how to pull your own DSDT from your motherboard, but I guess I just haven't looked in the right place. Do you have a link to that post by chance?

Finally, can you provide me with a VERY BRIEF explanation or link to a post explaining why some people are using multiple SSDT's. I understand that SSDT's are not required and are used for power management, however, I'm curious why there are two or more in some system and what what each one does / how they are different.

Thank you again,

Jack

I was wondering what you think of the following DSDT patch.

https://github.com/mrengles/Gigabyte-Z77N-WiFi-Hackintosh-DSDT
I haven't used the patches directly from the link but I have used some of them from the repo's of the creators, credit of which is given in the README. But as mentioned I'm not using a DSDT.

What I've read, based on a post pinned to the homepage of tonymac, the DSDT is becoming more important again due to people experiencing usb 3.0 issues. My problem is that even if I wanted to insert a DSDT into my EFI folder, there are none posted on Tonymac for my motherboard and bios revision (mine is F3 and only a F2 is posted). I been looking for the guide on how to pull your own DSDT from your motherboard, but I guess I just haven't looked in the right place. Do you have a link to that post by chance?Jack

You can use MaciASL to extract and patch your DSDT using the .txt files from the link above. Also search MaciASL. There is also a
DSDT forum.

Finally, can you provide me with a VERY BRIEF explanation or link to a post explaining why some people are using multiple SSDT's. I understand that SSDT's are not required and are used for power management, however, I'm curious why there are two or more in some system and what what each one does / how they are different.

SSDT's can enable or disable certain aspects of the system parameters(ACPI). The motherboard has native SSDT's and a DSDT. People using certain parameters can either replace or drop certain SSDT's. The more parameters you add the more SSDT's you collect. Possible examples: power management, HDMI Audio, enable USB ports, load/inject kexts/graphics and so on....

My BIOS settings are displayed in Post#1 if you'd like to compare. It won't hurt creating a power management SSDT for your system and install another for HDMI audio(post#1) even if you don't plan to use it. I've not aimed anything at fixing sleep, it just works.

Thank you for your answer wildwillow, I have the same BIOS settings.
I will try to creat my first SSDT the next days. The guide seems to be a bit difficult and I will have to read about the basics to understand what I do at first...

I will try to creat my first SSDT the next days. The guide seems to be a bit difficult and I will have to read about the basics to understand what I do at first...

Take your time and read the guides over and over until it makes sense to you. Meanwhile you have a working system so there is no rush to do anything immediately.

Hi Macrockdoc,

Thanks for the post and I'm very much in a similar situation as you are...

I have a stable 10.11 El Cap installation, but now I'm looking to make small tweaks and improve the power management, speed steps, etc. I have never created my own SSDT or DDST and I too am a bit intimidated by the guides, but, I'm willing to give it a shot. If you find any helpful links or if something clicks, please post it here for the group's benefit and I will do the same. I look forward to hearing how your progress is going.

Kind Regards,

Hi Macrockdoc,

Thanks for the post and I'm very much in a similar situation as you are...

I have a stable 10.11 El Cap installation, but now I'm looking to make small tweaks and improve the power management, speed steps, etc. I have never created my own SSDT or DDST and I too am a bit intimidated by the guides, but, I'm willing to give it a shot. If you find any helpful links or if something clicks, please post it here for the group's benefit and I will do the same. I look forward to hearing how your progress is going.

Kind Regards,

Hi jhhaze,

I will let you know how my progress is going... :thumbup:

Wildwillow,

Other than my my ssdt and dsdt tweaks I am trying to learn about, I have one other question...

On the old clover 10.10 guide it said one of the steps was to remove vboxhfs-64.efi and replace it with However, there is no mention of this step in the 10.11 guide. What does this do and is it necessary?

The reason I ask is I still have
vboxhfs-64.efi in the efi folder, but, as far as I can tell, it isn't screwing anything up yet. Wondering if I should switch out the file per the 10.10 guide or leave it alone.

Thanks!

jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back