Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what he described to me to PM and I'll relate his question......
Question: He Is a running SMBIOS 13,2 iMac. System states it's iMac in every way and system has working speedstep verified.
However when running terminal command to check the number of states it states the states as: Mac Min..... 18 19 21 22 24 25...
He will post a screenshot tomorrow (working night shift).
Stating Mac Mini, it has a limited amount of states versus iMac (have a 2600k system and iMac has double the amount states).
Wondering why this is tacking place? He has a compiled DSDT with all Pjalm required patches. Only thing different is that he has two SSDTs. One compiled by through Piker and the SSDT generic by toleda used (as dsdt-1) for HDMI audio. Could that be causing why it sees a mac mini for states and not my smbios???
I think it would be easier for you to consult with your expert friend. With you trying to explain as the "middle man" its making no sense. 2 SSDT's one called dsdt-1, there can always be only one DSDT. I'm lost for answers.

well after doing some more tests i have noticed that all my usb work on the back from my case. but two of the front usb 2 don't work. so i will use a hub until i can fix it

I think it would be easier for you to consult with your expert friend. With you trying to explain as the "middle man" its making no sense. 2 SSDT's one called dsdt-1, there can always be only one DSDT. I'm lost for answers.

Sorry... It was a typo ... I meant to say 2 ssdt's... One named ssdt-1. If you read it with that correction it will now make sense.thanks

I have folloved your guide, and everything vent well, except when i used migration assistant to import my data. After the reboot i get kernel panic. Did not installed additional kexts. Before migration assistant booting from internal hdd works well. Here is a screenshot, perhaps you can help me.

I have:
Gigabyte B75M-D3P
I3-3225

Thanks a lot in advance.

IMG_1858.jpg

I have folloved your guide, and everything vent well, except when i used migration assistant to import my data. After the reboot i get kernel panic. Did not installed additional kexts. Before migration assistant booting from internal hdd works well. Here is a screenshot, perhaps you can help me.
I have:
Gigabyte B75M-D3P
I3-3225

Thanks a lot in advance.

djfreak121, I guess you were using Chimera on the drive you used to migrate from. If you did, Migration Assistant moves everything from that drive to the new installation including kexts from /S/L/E that might not play well in El Capitan. Could you boot with -v and post a picture to see if we can determine whats causing the KP. It may be worth doing a clean installing again using Migration Assistant just to move your User and Application folder. This should prevent extra kexts ending up in /S/L/E.

Will do a cleen install, no prob. The thing is i don't really know how to prevent migration assistant from copying those files... :/ I have already tried to connect the disk to my macbook pro, delete all the files from S/L/E and replace them with those from base system.dmg, and aded fakesmc. Bottled with -v, and it comes to the ethernet card loading the network, and it stays there, no kernel panic, but it won't boot.

Edit:

SOLVED. :headbang: Unselected "Other folders and files" under Documents and files. Now it works like a charm.
Thanks for your help and for leading me to the solution (i know it was a little dumb, bit hell, i was stuck :p ) :)

SOLVED. :headbang: Unselected "Other folders and files" under Documents and files. Now it works like a charm.
Thanks for your help and for leading me to the solution (i know it was a little dumb, bit hell, i was stuck :p ) :)
You're welcome, glad to hear.

Another question: Does Sleep work on your hack? I have the problem that when i put it to sleep, it is almost the same as when i shut it down. In 10.10 sleep was working correctly. Thanks again in advance.

Another question: Does Sleep work on your hack? I have the problem that when i put it to sleep, it is almost the same as when i shut it down. In 10.10 sleep was working correctly. Thanks again in advance.
Yes sleep works perfectly and has done for quite some time on the H77N-Wifi. I always try and get full functionality from any of my systems even if I don't use the service. I have always found that it niggles away at any issues. Thats just my theory and practice.

Yes sleep works perfectly and has done for quite some time on the H77N-Wifi. I always try and get full functionality from any of my systems even if I don't use the service. I have always found that it niggles away at any issues. Thats just my theory and practice.

That's interesting and good to hear. With my Mac OS systems and this motherboard I always had a "sleep problem" (since 2013). Sleep and wake up with a short sleeping time always works perfect. After a longer time my monitor (older Cinema display) does not wake up and stays dark.
Could my BIOS settings be wrong or should I create a SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back