Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPECS : H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | 8GB(2x4) Memory | 120GB SSD | 2TBSSHD
UniBeast 6.0 OS X El Capitan 10.11

I can't thank you enough for this guide and how happy it made me when you first posted it. This guide improved my understanding significantly and allowed me, with some help from an expert, to accomplish my very first solid and stable install of OS X on a i7-3770k / GA-Z77N-wifi / HD 4000 :headbang:

I am still in the learning stages, but, I have the following questions that hopefully you or someone else can answer for the benefit of me and other members following this thread...

Post Installation

3. I went to two places for audio. The first place was Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]
Note: the H77N-WIFI audio codec is ALC892. Mounted EFI partition is required for the audio script as I've installed in UEFI Mode. In the guide go down to Section 3 CloverALC. Follow the 1-8 simple steps, do not restart, you can restart shortly.

Can you confirm the exact filename of the command file that you used. I believe some people are still using 110b and believe it is the best for this system, but it appears that the current link is for 110g. Maybe this doesn't make a difference, but, during the install process of 110g, it asks if you have an intel HD 4600, not an intel HD 4000 (as ivy bridges have 4000s, not 4600s). Is this a big issue or not an issue at all?

3. a) Second place was Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]. I used SSDT injection and navigated to SSDT injection, 3. IvyBridge and clicked ssdt_hdmi-hd4000. This take you to toleda's repo, I choose ssdt_hdmi-hd4000-7series-3.zip as I have no airplay devices.

Note: in the attached EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder the SSDT.aml is purely for the i3-3225's power management. If you are using a different processor remove it and rename SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml or create your own for your installed processor. Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

OS X HDMI Audio Guides
Select 1/ssdt or 2/dsdt and install; restore native files before trying the other

1. ssdt injection - Most systems; install ssdt and restart. BIOS/OS X updates do not effect ssdts.
    1. [Guide]-OSX-hdmi_audio-hdef_audio-ssdt_v3
    2. Audio type (select one of each type desired, max 3 types)
      1. Intel integrated graphics, (Download Guide from Column 2)
        1. Broadwell: ssdt_hdmi-hd6000+
        2. Haswell: ssdt_hdmi-hd4600+
        3. Ivy Bridge: ssdt_hdmi-hd4000
        4. Sandy Bridge: ssdt-hdmi-hd3000
      2. Discrete graphics, see AMD/Nvidia HDMI Audio [Easy Guide]
        1. AMD (Select one method)
          1. Default: ssdt_hdmi-amd
          2. Framebuffer injection: ssdt_hdmi-amd/fb_injection
        2. Nvidia: ssdt_hdmi-nvidia
      3. Realtek onboard audio: ssdt_hdef
        1. Audio ID: hdef-1, hdef-2 or hdef-3
        2. IOReg/HDEF: with_ioreg;hdef or no_ioreg;hdef
    3. See Part B: OS X Kext Edits
  2. dsdt edits - All systems; extract dsdt, patch, install edited dsdt. BIOS update requires dsdt edits. OS X updates do not effect dsdts. Note: all Intel systems have a dsdt
    1. [Guide]-OSX-hdmi_audio-hdef_audio-dsdt_v3
      1. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio is installed with Desktop configurations
    2. See Part A: OS X ACPI Edits

I'm a little confused by this part, so any clarification, explanation or details on the items quoted directly above and my following questions would be greatly appreciated. For one, I actually do have airplay device (apple tv / airport expresses, etc.), so I'm not sure which guide to follow or which file(s) to use to get my hdmi working with the best compatibility with my system (i7 3770k ; intel HD 4000 graphics / z77n-wifi)? Secondly, I have not yet successfully been able to generate my own ssdt for this system and would you mind explaining how you can have 2 or more SSDT's in the ACPI folder (SSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml for example).

My friend helped me a little with this part, but, we ran into the following problem. We selected a system config of iMac 13,2 (which worked very well in Yosemite) because iMac 13,2 natively used has the same 3700 processor that is in my setup (minus the (k) ). Furthermore, we believed that iMac 13,2 is a good intermediary between a mac pro system and a mac mini. Unfortunately, we have a bit of a discrepancy at the moment: While we selected iMac 13,2 in clover config, when he ran a special text script in terminal to show the speed steps, it generated this tree of numbers, which showed them as "mac mini" instead of iMac. Any suggestions or tips on how to fix this (get the terminal speed steps to show iMac and not mac mini) would be greatly appreciated!

Second, I don't see the DSDT mentioned in your guide and it doesn't seem like it is mentioned very often in posts anymore. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what the DSDT does and I believe I have read posts where experts spend significant time creating and modifying theirs. Do you have any plans to create or modify your DSDT and if so, is there a particular guide you plan on following? This link has a database of dsdt's... http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php ;unfortunately, my bios is F3 on my ga-z77n-wifi and the DSDT's posted on the linked page are for only the F2 bios revision of the z77n-wifi.

Finally, do you have any plans to modify the config.plist? Again, I believe I have read posts where experts spend significant time creating and modifying theirs. I'm still in the learning stages, so I'm still trying to figure out the +'s and -'s of certain hackintoshing steps and also determining where to cut off my level of perfectionism / craziness. For example, hours and days worth of reading, failures and pulling my hair out, are not worth a undetectable increase in performance.

Again thank you so much again and I look forward to any assistance you can provide.

Best Regards,

Jack

I have installed El Capitan for testing on an older extern 80 GB HD without any problems!
Thank you again wildwillow. :thumbup:

One more question, maybe you have an answer...
  • My old Yosemite Hackintosh model name was "MacPro3.1". Now with Clover it's a "Mac mini server". I tested system speed with Geekbench and the old system was faster (more than 1000 points). Are you sure "Mac mini server" is the best setting? - Maybe the Geekbench speed is slow because of my extern HD and USB2...?

For what it's worth, the expert that helped me install hackintosh on my similar system (3770k, z77n-wifi, hd 4000) selected iMac 13,2 primarily because it had a native 3770 processor. This might be a good balance between your old mac pro and the mac mini server options.

The SSDT in my EFI folder is for the i3-3225 processor and shows speed step working on both CPU P-states and IGPU P-states and performs well with the system definition/hardware matching.

Would you mind sharing how you can determine if "CPU P-states and IGPU P-states" are "performing well".

Thank you!

Can you confirm the exact filename of the command file that you used. I believe some people are still using 110b and believe it is the best for this system, but it appears that the current link is for 110g. Maybe this doesn't make a difference, but, during the install process of 110g, it asks if you have an intel HD 4600, not an intel HD 4000 (as ivy bridges have 4000s, not 4600s). Is this a big issue or not an issue at all?​
Hi Jack,
I've used a few in my testing. The most current is 110j. They all work and have the same result. toleda has been updating his script. For the script asking if you want HD4600 HDMI, the patch is not solely for one codec, its universal for many. So its down to the user to know what system specs they're installing on.

I'm a little confused by this part, so any clarification, explanation or details on the items quoted directly above and my following questions would be greatly appreciated. For one, I actually do have airplay device (apple tv / airport expresses, etc.), so I'm not sure which guide to follow or which file(s) to use to get my hdmi working with the best compatibility with my system (i7 3770k ; intel HD 4000 graphics / z77n-wifi)? Secondly, I have not yet successfully been able to generate my own ssdt for this system and would you mind explaining how you can have 2 or more SSDT's in the ACPI folder (SSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml for example).

You need to read the guide. Every method in the thread has a guide. [Guide]-OSX-hdmi_audio-hdef_audio-ssdt_v3. SSDT.aml is for power management and the link at the bottom of Post#1. SSDT-1.aml is for HDMI audio as explained in Post#1. Neither SSDT's are compulsory.

My friend helped me a little with this part, but, we ran into the following problem. We selected a system config of iMac 13,2 (which worked very well in Yosemite) because iMac 13,2 natively used has the same 3700 processor that is in my setup (minus the (k) ). Furthermore, we believed that iMac 13,2 is a good intermediary between a mac pro system and a mac mini. Unfortunately, we have a bit of a discrepancy at the moment: While we selected iMac 13,2 in clover config, when he ran a special text script in terminal to show the speed steps, it generated this tree of numbers, which showed them as "mac mini" instead of iMac. Any suggestions or tips on how to fix this (get the terminal speed steps to show iMac and not mac mini) would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not sure what you mean about the output showing Mac Mini when your SMBIOS is iMac 13,2.

Second, I don't see the DSDT mentioned in your guide and it doesn't seem like it is mentioned very often in posts anymore. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what the DSDT does and I believe I have read posts where experts spend significant time creating and modifying theirs. Do you have any plans to create or modify your DSDT and if so, is there a particular guide you plan on following? This link has a database of dsdt's... http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php ;unfortunately, my bios is F3 on my ga-z77n-wifi and the DSDT's posted on the linked page are for only the F2 bios revision of the z77n-wifi.
There is no DSDT mentioned in the guide as i've not used one. Well in fact its using the native DSDT from the motherboard. They are no longer needed with non legacy BIOS. They can still be used and are used to add patches to manipulate the system to ones liking. I'm still on F2.

Finally, do you have any plans to modify the config.plist?

Not unless something becomes broken. My system is running the way I want so there is no reason to alter it. Here is a great saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Obviously feel free to read about the config on the Clover wiki. Its all part of the learning curve. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents

Would you mind sharing how you can determine if "CPU P-states and IGPU P-states" are "performing well".

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 08.44.31.png

I'm still running as an iMac 14.2, but now have all the rear ports working normally (USB3 and USB2), with dead front panel ports.

What got me this far was the addition of DSDT.aml from #1 on http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...wifi-unibeast-yosemite-clover-el-capitan.html

I have no idea what it actually did or whether it could be changed easily to fix the front ports, but at least all the rear ports work and I'm happy.

I'm still running as an iMac 14.2, but now have all the rear ports working normally (USB3 and USB2), with dead front panel ports.

What got me this far was the addition of DSDT.aml from #1 on http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...wifi-unibeast-yosemite-clover-el-capitan.html

I have no idea what it actually did or whether it could be changed easily to fix the front ports, but at least all the rear ports work and I'm happy.

Try using a iMac 13,2 definition. That will suit your hardware. I wouldn't use that DSDT.aml. Its for a completely different motherboard. DSDT.aml is motherboard/BIOS version dependant. Could do more harm than good.

Actually

Actually, I do have a GA-H87N-WIFI which I just added to my profile. So I hope the DSDT that I used is ok.

I'll try 13.2 later. Should I keep the DSDT or remove it?

thanks

Actually, I do have a GA-H87N-WIFI which I just added to my profile. So I hope the DSDT that I used is ok.

I'll try 13.2 later. Should I keep the DSDT or remove it?

thanks
Leave it at 14,2.. If the Bios is the same as yours and the board is the same keep it.
FYI, this thread is about the H77N-Wifi. We're not going to discuss the H87N-WIFI here. There are other guides for that.

Here is what he described to me to PM and I'll relate his question......

Question: He Is a running SMBIOS 13,2 iMac. System states it's iMac in every way and system has working speedstep verified.

However when running terminal command to check the number of states it states the states as: Mac Min..... 18 19 21 22 24 25...

He will post a screenshot tomorrow (working night shift).

Stating Mac Mini, it has a limited amount of states versus iMac (have a 2600k system and iMac has double the amount states).

Wondering why this is tacking place? He has a compiled DSDT with all Pjalm required patches. Only thing different is that he has two SSDTs. One compiled by through Piker and the SSDT generic by toleda used (as dsdt-1) for HDMI audio. Could that be causing why it sees a mac mini for states and not my smbios???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back