Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio guide has changed as from yesterday, see change log. I'll update my guide accordingly. The required script which is now here Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Ah! That makes a lot more sense, thanks! Sure enough, it works perfectly.

The only problem I have now is that the "underscan" setting in the display properties of system preferences does not work. Would you have any idea what I need to do to get it working? I am able to adjust the image properly on a Mac Mini hooked up to the same TV.

Thanks for the guide!

Ah! That makes a lot more sense, thanks! Sure enough, it works perfectly.

The only problem I have now is that the "underscan" setting in the display properties of system preferences does not work. Would you have any idea what I need to do to get it working? I am able to adjust the image properly on a Mac Mini hooked up to the same TV.

Thanks for the guide!

The underscan function is available but not working on either Yosemite or El Capitan with this system. I'm not sure of a fix as I've not needed to use it. I guess the TV you are using uses a different resolution to any listed in System Preferences/Displays?

The underscan function is available but not working on either Yosemite or El Capitan with this system. I'm not sure of a fix as I've not needed to use it. I guess the TV you are using uses a different resolution to any listed in System Preferences/Displays?

Good to know. The TV I am using is an older plasma that does not have a dedicated PC mode so it treats all it's input as standard Audio/Video gear and overscans the signal a bit, causing me the image to miss about 20-30 pixels all around the screen.

The sad part is that the underscan slider worked ONCE right after the installation, while I was remotely connected with VNC. It never worked again after a reboot. I have tried to recreate it but I can't get it to work anymore!

Hey just wanted to thank you for the concise guide. I just installed 10.11.3 on my Z77x-UP4 TH. My ML build was having serious weird problems and thought if I was going to do a clean install I might as well try to upgrade as well. I had unsuccessfully tried 10.9 and 10.10 installs but gave up with those a while ago.

This was the easiest hack install I've tried by far, and I've installed (now) every version from SL on 3 different machines.

So far usb ports all work with Rehabmans USB3 Kext. HD4000 is absolutely fine running 2 monitors. Audio works. Haven't checked sleep yet. Wifi works

Hey just wanted to thank you

You're welcome. Ivybridge is still a superb platform for hackintosh. Broadwell too for integrated graphics, enjoy.

thanks wild willow great work!!!

you helped me to try out clover - and using el Cap!! (i3-3225 - 8gb, 10.11, hd4000, z77n-wifi)

most of it works besides :

1. my lan ist not working at all with - is there any kext needed or should it work ! any ideas?

2. i use atheros wificard which is working and a usb-bluetooth stick which is working quit ok --- should the intern BT on the original wifi card work too???

3. i use v2 bios - should i upgrade?

thank you again vor your great work!!

regards

norman

1. my lan ist not working at all with - is there any kext needed or should it work ! any ideas?

2. i use atheros wificard which is working and a usb-bluetooth stick which is working quit ok --- should the intern BT on the original wifi card work too???

3. i use v2 bios - should i upgrade?

Hi norman, You're welcome.

In Post#1 attached is an EFI folder including the LAN kext for the Realtek GbE Lan (x2). With this kext installed in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 ethernet is working. The bluetooth should work on the original WiFi card but I have an iMac WiFi/Bluetooth card. I'm using the v2 BIOS, I've had no problems with it and do not intend to update it.

IMPORTANT note of you are upgrading from Mavericks

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are upgrading from Mavericks to El Capitan.

Great Guide! Saved me some time when moving from Mavericks to El Capitan.

One important note if you have Mavericks installed: You must format the boot drive that you have Mavericks on after you boot to the USB installer. If you don't, El Capitan will install, but upon reboot the OS/X setup screen will flash the installation logo and cause the system to reboot.

Hope this tip helps!

Hey just wanted to thank you for the concise guide. I just installed 10.11.3 on my Z77x-UP4 TH. My ML build was having serious weird problems and thought if I was going to do a clean install I might as well try to upgrade as well. I had unsuccessfully tried 10.9 and 10.10 installs but gave up with those a while ago.

This was the easiest hack install I've tried by far, and I've installed (now) every version from SL on 3 different machines.

So far usb ports all work with Rehabmans USB3 Kext. HD4000 is absolutely fine running 2 monitors. Audio works. Haven't checked sleep yet. Wifi works

there are too many kext,which one i need to install?

Thanks WildWillow for this guide.
I upgrade yesterday from 10.9.5 to 10.11.4 with a fresh install and your tutorial.

Everything is OK.
Clover has selected "mac mini server (late 2012)" as profile, do I need to change it or not.
I'm just a little bit confused, I lost my sensors do I just need to install the last version of HWSensors ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back