Contribute
Register

[Guide] CustoMac 2013 | Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770K | GT 640 x2 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks for your guide. I found that the SSDT.aml caused problems both for the install and boot. Install caused a 522 error and boot would take me to a black screen. As soon as I removed the SSDT.aml, everything was working fine.

I do have very similar specs to yours. But anyways. thanks!

--
i7 3770K
GTX 770
Z77X-UD5H
OS X 10.11.3

Thanks for the guide. I used your EFI and I was able to boot into El Capitan successfully with Intel HD4000. However, I have a problem with GT 640 plugged in. The machine will not boot pass Apple logo and stuck at progress bar 100% position.

Thanks again for any help.

Since my changes to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi vs OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi I have not had any reboots. Thanks!

Thanks for the guide. I used your EFI and I was able to boot into El Capitan successfully with Intel HD4000. However, I have a problem with GT 640 plugged in. The machine will not boot pass Apple logo and stuck at progress bar 100% position.

Thanks again for any help.

I had that issue when I forgot to copy the EFI folder. After doing that, and redoing the Clover EFI portion it's running fine.

Last edited:
I'm prepping my system to do this exact upgrade.

It's going to be an upgrade from Mountain Lion.

Question for you guys:

I have a time machine backup on my NAS of my current Mountain Lion config (I excluded the Extra folder where the Chimera's bootloader files are kept, and have also excluded the Extensions folder where the system Kexts are kept) I've done this in part because when I upgrade and attempt to migrate my apps, user configuration, music, etc the drivers that have been added or modified by Clover will not be overwritten, and also will not include Chimera. I've read that no matter what you do (ie. migrate apps over) the migration assistant will also fudge around with the kexts from the backup.

So this is what I have going so far.

I plan on installing this fresh with another harddrive, then after clover is configured and the system seems stable, migrating over from a Time Machine backup. I have so many applications that I have configured to run a certain way, my itunes library that took me ungodly man hours to organize, p2p programs with specific lists that need to be kept running, etc.

My question for you guys is if any of you have done something similar. I have no idea if this is going to work and finding information about this unique upgrade and migration is not easy.

Any thoughts would be welcome. I'll buy you a beer if you come on down to the 6

Novice here. I've just done a fresh install with El Capitan 10.11.3, and am having no luck with the audio - there are devices on my list, but no sound.
Followed the guide exactly, including running the 'audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0p20.command' which all appeared to go well. I did notice a difference in the 'Configuration' section. It read:

Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

could this be the source of my problems?

I've also tried installing the codec via multibeast, which didn't work either.

I am in the same boat. Just upgraded from Chameleon/Mavericks to Clover/ElCap following this guide and (Unibeast/MultiBeast) and got everything working except sound. No devices are listed in SysPrefs>Sound>Output. In the System Information I see IOUSBHostDevice and Intel High Definition Audio.

Any Ideas? Thanks for the guide!!

Thanks for this guide! I have the z77x-UD5H with a 3570k. Besides the power management section (I'll use NullCPUPowerManagement) I should be able to follow this guide with a 3570k, right?

I am in the same boat. Just upgraded from Chameleon/Mavericks to Clover/ElCap following this guide and (Unibeast/MultiBeast) and got everything working except sound. No devices are listed in SysPrefs>Sound>Output. In the System Information I see IOUSBHostDevice and Intel High Definition Audio.

Any Ideas? Thanks for the guide!!

@hoffsta I read that people have had success with this patched Realtek kext:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back