Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Now that I think of it I don't think I was. I will re run with port discovery with a USB3 device and go from there. Thank you for your help.

As per guide, port discovery requires the use of both a USB2 and USB3 device.
I use a USB3 hub as it works for both simultaneously.

As per guide, port discovery requires the use of both a USB2 and USB3 device.
I use a USB3 hub as it works for both simultaneously.

Thanks again. I went through and did the port discovery again, and all the SSxx values appeared correctly when using a USB3 device. Careless mistake on my end. I just have a question regarding the one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port that does not appear under HSxx or SSxx. As you stated, this was due to it being connected to a thunderbolt controller. Would this have any effect regarding any sort of sleep issues or would it be irrelevant? My SSDT I created has all the correct ports identifications now, but I just wanted rule out the possibility of that one port if an issue does persist down the line.

I just have a question regarding the one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port that does not appear under HSxx or SSxx. As you stated, this was due to it being connected to a thunderbolt controller. Would this have any effect regarding any sort of sleep issues or would it be irrelevant?

Probably not relevant.

Is USBInjectAll.kext required for UAIC to work?

Is USBInjectAll.kext required for UAIC to work?

Yes, of course.
Note title of the thread: "[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext"

I can't figure out what I did wrong.. I followed the guide to the best of my ability.. I've attached the required files..

Your edits to SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl to create SSDT-UIAC.aml are wrong.
Start over with fresh copy of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Follow the guide carefully.

Thanks a lot for the guide.
wanted to ask, after I have created the aml file, next time I install Sierra, I am not
suppose to tick the "Increase port limit" in Multibeast, and instead I need to install the USBInjectAll.kext, and place that file under /EFI/Clove/ACPI/patched , and thats about it ?
To clarify, the " increase limit port option ", is needed only for the creation of the correct aml file ?

Your edits to SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl to create SSDT-UIAC.aml are wrong.
Start over with fresh copy of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Follow the guide carefully.
I fixed the errors, as I did not notice it copied over 2 of each for SS0, but its still not showing correctly... and I can't figure it out I have plugged a usb into each port and used usb3 and usb2 for each.. found my Devices are :
HS03/SS03
HS04/SS04
HS06/SS06
HS05/SS05
HS10
HS09
changed the SSDT.UIAC to match this,, restart and its still showing all unused ports.. here is the requested files.., I know ill be told the SSDT Config is wrong, but can you please explain in more detail what I am missing.. "been at this for 24hrs"..

***EDIT***
now my ioreg isn't even showing the SS0X devices only the HS0X

Attachments

• debug_30287.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 12.08.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 12.08.41 AM.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the guide.
wanted to ask, after I have created the aml file, next time I install Sierra, I am not
suppose to tick the "Increase port limit" in Multibeast, and instead I need to install the USBInjectAll.kext, and place that file under /EFI/Clove/ACPI/patched , and thats about it ?
To clarify, the " increase limit port option ", is needed only for the creation of the correct aml file ?

As per post #1, no need for the port limit patch after you have an SSDT that limits ports to be within the 15-port limit.

Back