Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

From ioreg, looks like you forgot the port limit patch or are using the wrong patch. Read post #1.
Port limit patch from post 1 of guide is in my config.plist I also noticed my smbios is saying iMac 17,1 but Jorge says 14,2 should I do a fresh install? Maybe something is messed up

Last edited:
Port limit patch from post 1 of guide is in my config.plist I also noticed my smbios is saying iMac 17,1 but Jorge says 14,2 should I do a fresh install? Maybe something is messed up

You don't have all ports injected due to SSDT-UIAC.aml in your ACPI/patched.
And the port limit patch is limiting to 24.
The port limit patch for 10.13 in USBinjectAll config_patches.plist is for 26 ports.
Your ioreg shows no USB3 devices plugged in or tested.
The UsbConnector values in your SSDT-UIAC.aml are wrong.

You don't have all ports injected due to SSDT-UIAC.aml in your ACPI/patched.
And the port limit patch is limiting to 24.
The port limit patch for 10.13 in USBinjectAll config_patches.plist is for 26 ports.
Your ioreg shows no USB3 devices plugged in or tested.
The UsbConnector values in your SSDT-UIAC.aml are wrong.
I know but even with the 26 port patch it still doesn’t work how am I supposed to test my ports for my SSDT when my USB3 doesn’t work at all? I don’t think your understanding what I am saying.. my USB3 will only work if a USB2 device is plugged into it so I can’t map all my ports for my SSDT as right now all that is showing is the HS ports with or without the port limit patch

I know but even with the 26 port patch it still doesn’t work how am I supposed to test my ports for my SSDT when my USB3 doesn’t work at all? I don’t think your understanding what I am saying.. my USB3 will only work if a USB2 device is plugged into it so I can’t map all my ports for my SSDT as right now all that is showing is the HS ports with or without the port limit patch

You need to test your USB3 ports and make sure they are working properly with USB3 devices *before* creating the SSDT.
You cannot proceed if the SSxx ports are not activated by USB3 devices.

You need to test your USB3 ports and make sure they are working properly with USB3 devices *before* creating the SSDT.
You cannot proceed if the SSxx ports are not activated by USB3 devices.
That’s what I’m saying.. for some reason I’m not getting the USB3 “SSXX” ports, and I don’t know why shouldn’t the USBInjectAll be all I need for them to activate? I’ve tried the GenericUSBXHCI as well.. so I cannot do my SSDT until this is resolved but I can’t figure out why they aren’t working..

That’s what I’m saying.. for some reason I’m not getting the USB3 “SSXX” ports, and I don’t know why shouldn’t the USBInjectAll be all I need for them to activate? I’ve tried the GenericUSBXHCI as well.. so I cannot do my SSDT until this is resolved but I can’t figure out why they aren’t working..

You will need to provide "Problem Reporting" files that represent your failed "port discovery" scenario.

Same as usual.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You had a custom SSDT-UIAC.aml in place.
Port discovery is done without the custom SSDT, or at least with -uia_ignore_rmcf kernel flag.
Ok will u be on later? I’m at work till 11 my time it is 8:50 my time now.. and I will send those so hopefully I get this fixed..

***EDIT***
here are all the files, I noticed in IOACPIPLANE that all my ports show, but in inservice it only shows my HSxx ports, and pxsx?? I'm thinking this is because of my Asmedia ports? I'm not sure, I'm going to try to disable them in the bios and see what happens, if that doesn't work them I am stuck again.. nothing has changed I am still unable to get a usb3 device to work on a usb3 port, only usb2 devices work on my usb3 ports..

***EDIT*** I fixed it!! I'm not sure what was conflicting but I did a fresh install, re installed all my graphics, audio, and then I put in the port limit patch, all ports showed up I created my SSDT after testing all ports, and now they are the only ones showing up, not sure if your interested but I attached the debug before my fresh install, maybe you can find what was keeping my ports from showing up.. THANKS AGAIN for helping me!

***EDIT***
now that all my USB ports are working and mapped correctly, a new problem has happened, when I put my computer to sleep, it wakes up fine but my external hdd is disconnected I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to be recognized... I have attached another debug "20667" is the one after I fixed the ports with my SSDT. debug "5762" is before I got my ports working "really not a big deal to look at that as it is fixed with a re-install.
thanks again!

Attachments

• debug_5762.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • debug_20667.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I always start by looking at ioreg.
Must provide all "Problem Reporting" files if you expect me to do anything.
But I sent the ioreg, it is in the zip file with the other files ( config.plist and the ssdt file ).
I sent it in the first place of course .Otherwise there is no point asking for help is it ?
Edit : I am attaching the file once again
I think I have a mistake. the 2 last usb connectors are usb2 so i need to remove them from the SSxx block I guess.
And I can move both USR1 and USR2 from the block as well.
If you could take a look at the ssdt file inside the attached zip file.
I repeat my problem : usb3 number 8 is not recognizing usb3 devices from time to time. (not all the time ).
really appreciated !
Again, thanks a lot .

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    532 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back