Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I fixed the errors, as I did not notice it copied over 2 of each for SS0, but its still not showing correctly... and I can't figure it out I have plugged a usb into each port and used usb3 and usb2 for each.. found my Devices are :
HS03/SS03
HS04/SS04
HS06/SS06
HS05/SS05
HS10
HS09
changed the SSDT.UIAC to match this,, restart and its still showing all unused ports.. here is the requested files.., I know ill be told the SSDT Config is wrong, but can you please explain in more detail what I am missing.. "been at this for 24hrs"..

***EDIT***
now my ioreg isn't even showing the SS0X devices only the HS0X

Your SSDT-UIAC.aml is still wrong.
You need to be much more careful with the edits to SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

ok for my config,
all I need to do is copy that "8086,a12f" part of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as my template.
change the ports to match mine,
use uia_exclude=
and thats all? the guide is confusing me..
from the bottom where it says recommendations for 100 series.

-NO NEED TO RENAME ECHI ON 100 SERIES
-INSTALL USBINJECTALL.KEXT
-NO NEED FOR PORT LIMIT PATCH
-REMOVE UNUSED PORTS WITH UIA_EXCLUDE="PORTS"
-OR USE A SSDT TO REMOVE THE PORTS..

-THAT IS WHAT IGET OUT OF THE 100 SERIES GUIDE, BUT I SHOW ONLY HS PORTS ON IOREG..
"I THOUGHT EACH HS "USB3' PORT HAS A SS "USB2" PORT

I hope you make sense out of what I am saying, I'm not trying to get anyone to do this for me "they couldn't even if they wanted too" I'm trying to make sure I understand my part of the guide.. I attached the part I feel like is for my hardware, all I do is delete the un needed ones, change the port-ids?

****EDIT****
now when connecting a usb3 device to a usb3 port it doesn't work, only usb2 devices work.. with or without the SSDT..
I think the problem is something other then the SSDT...

***EDIT***
I forgot that my case has as media usb3 on the front, I have tried the genericUBSXCHI.kext, and it still is not working for usb3, I'm wondering if my SSDT is not working because I have them mapped as usb 3? but would that one map cause all of the ssdt to not be injected? idk this is just a thought as I have tried 100 times per guide and nothing is working.. all my ports work, 2 on front "as media" 4 on back "2 USB3" "2USB2", and I know the USBinjectAll.kext is working because my mb usb3 is working... could you help me to figure out if this could be the problem?

****EDIT****
now my usb3 isn't working at all unless a usb2 device is attached to it..

Attachments

• SSDT.dsl
    4.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
RehabMan, do you know by any chance why sometimes usb3 devices are not recognized at all?
I followed the guide created the ssdt file, removed the "increase port limit" from the config.plist, everything looks the same in my ioreg , what can it be ?
There are occasions where usb3 is not shown. If I restart the machine, it suddenly appears again.
Added here the ioreg .aml and config.plist .

Thanks a lot .

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    532 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
ok for my config,
all I need to do is copy that "8086,a12f" part of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as my template.
change the ports to match mine,
use uia_exclude=
and thats all? the guide is confusing me..
from the bottom where it says recommendations for 100 series.

-NO NEED TO RENAME ECHI ON 100 SERIES
-INSTALL USBINJECTALL.KEXT
-NO NEED FOR PORT LIMIT PATCH
-REMOVE UNUSED PORTS WITH UIA_EXCLUDE="PORTS"
-OR USE A SSDT TO REMOVE THE PORTS..

-THAT IS WHAT IGET OUT OF THE 100 SERIES GUIDE, BUT I SHOW ONLY HS PORTS ON IOREG..
"I THOUGHT EACH HS "USB3' PORT HAS A SS "USB2" PORT

I hope you make sense out of what I am saying, I'm not trying to get anyone to do this for me "they couldn't even if they wanted too" I'm trying to make sure I understand my part of the guide.. I attached the part I feel like is for my hardware, all I do is delete the un needed ones, change the port-ids?

****EDIT****
now when connecting a usb3 device to a usb3 port it doesn't work, only usb2 devices work.. with or without the SSDT..
I think the problem is something other then the SSDT...

***EDIT***
I forgot that my case has as media usb3 on the front, I have tried the genericUBSXCHI.kext, and it still is not working for usb3, I'm wondering if my SSDT is not working because I have them mapped as usb 3? but would that one map cause all of the ssdt to not be injected? idk this is just a thought as I have tried 100 times per guide and nothing is working.. all my ports work, 2 on front "as media" 4 on back "2 USB3" "2USB2", and I know the USBinjectAll.kext is working because my mb usb3 is working... could you help me to figure out if this could be the problem?

****EDIT****
now my usb3 isn't working at all unless a usb2 device is attached to it..

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

RehabMan, do you know by any chance why sometimes usb3 devices are not recognized at all?
I followed the guide created the ssdt file, removed the "increase port limit" from the config.plist, everything looks the same in my ioreg , what can it be ?
There are occasions where usb3 is not shown. If I restart the machine, it suddenly appears again.
Added here the ioreg .aml and config.plist .

Thanks a lot .

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Rehab thank you but I only wanted you to have a look at the aml file and tell me if it looks reasonable to you.
Basically everything is working fine, it is only 1 usb3 port that doesnt work from time to time ( not consistency unfortunately ).

here are the files, note the SSDT is not in there, for now I need to know why my usb3 isn't working at all.. "unless usb2 is plugged into it.. I think that is why my ssdt is not working because the port mapping has been wrong.. but to do the port tracking I have to get my usb3 working.

Attachments

• debug_410.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Hey RehabMan, I'm having an internal hub issue where HS03 doesn't ever pass to SSP3. I've tried identifying the port(s) as a hub and a port and it's made no difference. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_8032.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Rehab thank you but I only wanted you to have a look at the aml file and tell me if it looks reasonable to you.
Basically everything is working fine, it is only 1 usb3 port that doesnt work from time to time ( not consistency unfortunately ).

I always start by looking at ioreg.
Must provide all "Problem Reporting" files if you expect me to do anything.

here are the files, note the SSDT is not in there, for now I need to know why my usb3 isn't working at all.. "unless usb2 is plugged into it.. I think that is why my ssdt is not working because the port mapping has been wrong.. but to do the port tracking I have to get my usb3 working.

From ioreg, looks like you forgot the port limit patch or are using the wrong patch. Read post #1.

Back